Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 245400 times)

Razgriz

Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:57:14 pm »
The Sludge Hornet and Combat Hornet integration installer is ready.  It also features an option to install the CS F/A-18D with the Combat Hornet integration.

Features:
-Coded from scratch for optimization
-Multi-threading
-Deletes old installations (if any)
-Installs new Sludge Hornet(s) and effects.

Pictures:

Download:
Sludge/Combat Hornet Integration

Orion

Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:28 pm »
Still using Visual Basic?

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:16:25 pm »
Yup.

Orion

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:25:22 pm »
Cool stuff.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 04:24:15 am »
Everyone...

As this release has only gone out to FSDT'rs and SH.com'rs, please let me know of any discrepancies you find.  It will not go WIDE RELEASE (avsim.com, flightsim.com, etc.) for at least a week.  Please try it out and let me know of any problems you encounter.

Currently working on a few installation oversights, a few fixes, and mistakes that will be corrected within a day.  Luckily, if you have the installer, you simply need to run it again, and your install will be updated as the install files are downloaded from SH.com.

Thanks for your patience.
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 04:51:41 am »
Razgriz, Sludge,

Thank you for this great news. I am very happy to test this new release, thank you for making it easy for us out there.
Question: I had already made my "in-house" integration of the Combat-Sludge and it works very nicely. Does this new release bring any new features ( I know that Sludge was working on a few enhancements...).
Many thanks again,

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 11:52:39 pm »
Johan...

"Kinda" NEW features.  Tweaks some (ie. less parasite drag = more speed), changes the default eyepoint, standardizes the current tweaks and features (GUN HUD and FX, specifically).  Also, I modded the EG Smoke and Vapor.

Id say just cut/paste your current Sludge Hornets to a safe backup place (my docs folder?).  Run the installer and see if you like the new stuff?  If not you can simply delete it and copy/paste the old Sludge Hornets back into the SIMOBJECTS/AIRPLANES folder.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:28:41 am by Sludge »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 07:42:52 am »
Fellas...

The latest "iteration" of this Integrator Installer is out.  To use, simply run the same Installer program (SHCHI.exe) that you used to install the "initial release" version.  This new batch of files has some MUCH NEEDED "fixes" and corrections.  Thanks to JR for pointing most of these out.

1.  Correcting both FA-18/SOUND Gun HUD directories to pull their sounds from the installed directory and NOT from the Combat Hornets directory.  This ensures that you DONT HAVE TO HAVE JR's Combat Hornet installed for these sounds to work.

2.  There is now a "DOCUMENTATION" folder in EACH Sludge/CaptSim Basic/FX directory that will give the user information on how to employ most of the gauge and how they work on the Hornet.  Another BIG THANKS to JR for his help here!!

3.  I had installed an older version of the JR's Gun HUD MINUS the range circle.  That has been corrected.

4.  Implemented a combination fix that allows Serge's BlackBox to work WITH the Rusev/Printz HUD.  Very simply, if the pilot selects an RALT of 450' on the UFC, there will be a Betty RALT audio tone alongside the HUD Altimeter FLASHING at 450' AGL.

NOTE:  Please BACKUP any earlier Sludge and/or Capt Sim Installs prior to running the Integration Installer.

Enjoy and report back any problems, discrepancies, or ideas.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:17:02 am by Sludge »

wilycoyote4

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 10:26:29 pm »
Uhmmmm.......I've rather confused......that is, more than usual.........the link to download from here, is it the same as the original posted at the start of this thread topic?

Razgriz

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 10:35:05 pm »
Uhmmmm.......I've rather confused......that is, more than usual.........the link to download from here, is it the same as the original posted at the start of this thread topic?

That it is.  The way I've coded the installer this time is that it downloads the files from our website, so that we can do updates that are a) easier, b) painless, and c) more efficient on OUR ends.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 11:39:29 pm »

That it is.  The way I've coded the installer this time is that it downloads the files from our website, so that we can do updates that are a) easier, b) painless, and c) more efficient on OUR ends.
what if i installed it, and you updated after my installation? is there an updater executable?

Razgriz

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 11:45:32 pm »
Nope, just run the installer again (the same, original one) and it will update.

Johan

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 07:25:50 am »
Hi Sludge,

Great integration for the combat-Sludge, just have to adjust my Saitek functions a bit. Very nice new EG vapors. One problem I need your advice on, I don't have any sound when I fire the gun from the VC, and I had it in the integration I made and I saved. Please let me know if I am missing something.
Thanks a lot,

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:16:44 am »
Johan...

OK, that was a problem that JR pointed out and should be fixed with the very latest "iteration".  Simply run your installer again and it should work...  let me know what happens.

Also, if it still doesnt work, let me know IF you have the Combat Hornet installed and what Sludge or Capt Sim Hornet you were flying.  Information such as: "Sludge FX, effects work, combat hornet is/is not installed, Gun works but no sound."

I just re-installed the latest version to check and all JRs Gun HUD sound files are directed properly and it worked as advertised, so you should be getting sound IF you have the LATEST VERSION.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 08:39:54 am »
Probably worth mentioning, both in the post and installer GUI, that it downloads files off the internet, so you need an active internet connection.  Good to mention for people who have limited bandwidth or who might want to save it on a USB drive and bring it to an offline computer to install, so you don't take anyone by surprise.