Author Topic: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2  (Read 114530 times)

christiaan

Re: Work in Progress / 03
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 09:12:45 pm »
I am speechless

I am not very quick speechless any more, because I have bought all the sceneries of Australia of Orbx like

Melbourne, Cairns and Brisbane which are also of very high standards, and after Dallas Fort Worth I am not really to fast over excited.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 09:13:26 pm »
Is there still any degree of uncertainy whether or not this scenery will come with FS9 Compatibility? If it definitely is not, then that's the end of it; no more FS for me.

Is still not certain, but I'd say is more likely a Yes than a No. Sure, the FSX will look MUCH better, but we are confident will be decent in FS9 as well. Not that we tried it yet, we always start working on FS9 when the FSX version is done, but we are reasonably optimistic.

Good to hear!
Thanks so much, for the update, Umberto!
Best regards, Anders

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 09:31:15 pm »
I am not very quick speechless any more, because I have bought all the sceneries of Australia of Orbx like

Melbourne, Cairns and Brisbane which are also of very high standards, and after Dallas Fort Worth I am not really to fast over excited.

I just recently bought AU SP3, PNW Blue, Melbourne, Cairns, Brisbane, and Canberra during their holiday sale. While I agree they are nice looking airports, they seem to still have a way to go in my opinion to optimize them as far as FPS go vs. FSDT airports. As well, I am not too crazy about how they do the ground textures of the airports. Even worse if you uncheck the ground polys to save some FPS, then your left with a low res background image for the terminal/runway of the airport.

It's nice that each airport has a control panel to let you disable certain features to gain FPS, but overall I am not overly excited about my recent purchases of those airports, namely Canberra which is a major FPS hog for such a small airport. I'm not saying that I wish I could get a refund, but I put off buying the AU and PNW package since they came out for fear that I wouldn't use them much, and after having them since the sale, aside from testing them, I haven't even flown into or around any of them. I guess I was overly excited about the sale prices when I bought all that stuff, however I do enjoy some GA action at Orcas Island every once in a while.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 09:38:23 pm »
Is there still any degree of uncertainy whether or not this scenery will come with FS9 Compatibility?
If it definitely is not, then that's the end of it; no more FS for me.

You would quit simming just beause of that?

You must not like FS very much if your simming pleasure is going to be completely diminished if one airport isn't available for FS9?

geoffbecks

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:36 pm »
Is there still any degree of uncertainy whether or not this scenery will come with FS9 Compatibility? If it definitely is not, then that's the end of it; no more FS for me.

Is still not certain, but I'd say is more likely a Yes than a No. Sure, the FSX will look MUCH better, but we are confident will be decent in FS9 as well. Not that we tried it yet, we always start working on FS9 when the FSX version is done, but we are reasonably optimistic.

In that case im reasonably optimistic that I will be buying it....... ;D
 Geoff

Thralni

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 12:28:22 am »

This is absolutely great! The Cloud9 KLAX is very nice, for sure, but I miss AES extremely. A new, up-to-date version from you guys with AES will make me visit KLAX much more than I do now.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 03:56:47 am »

Great news Umberto. Can't wait for my home airport to come alive again in FS9!! I am sure it will look great. If people buy that BluePrint garbage, I know they will buy a scaled down FSDT KLAX which I am sure will be of MUCH higher quality than both them and Imaginesim. I do like ImagineSim though...

DChockey08

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 04:19:33 am »

As much as I understand it is not yet a guarantee, this is great news! 

ElAl4ever

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 10:10:48 pm »
It looks sweet!

ch00scd

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 12:30:39 am »
Hi all,

Great news for FS9. I bought all FSDT sceneries for FS9 and I will NEVER change to FSX. If you go for FS9, you have me as a customer for sure; otherwise not. I wouldn't have a problem if you decide that an FSX-version is separatly for sale and that people who wanna only buy the FS9 version pay a lower price than the package containing both versions together because with the current price philosophy, I spend money for an FSX scenery that I finanlly don't want; FS9 is enough for me.

Maybe it's better if the customer can decide:
- I need the FS9 version, so I pay for the FS9 version
- I need the FSX version, so I pay for the FSX version
- I need the FSX and FS9 version, so I pay the FSX and FS9 version as a value pack and get a discount.

Kind regards,

Daniel

DChockey08

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:26 am »
Hi all,

Great news for FS9. I bought all FSDT sceneries for FS9 and I will NEVER change to FSX. If you go for FS9, you have me as a customer for sure; otherwise not. I wouldn't have a problem if you decide that an FSX-version is separatly for sale and that people who wanna only buy the FS9 version pay a lower price than the package containing both versions together because with the current price philosophy, I spend money for an FSX scenery that I finanlly don't want; FS9 is enough for me.

Maybe it's better if the customer can decide:
- I need the FS9 version, so I pay for the FS9 version
- I need the FSX version, so I pay for the FSX version
- I need the FSX and FS9 version, so I pay the FSX and FS9 version as a value pack and get a discount.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you buy a scenery can't you use it in both FS9 and FSX with one purshase?

sjt375

• Flight Director
Re: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 01:23:55 am »
 :o those new pics are incredible

theshack440

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:56 am »
:o those new pics are incredible

yeah, its unreal how real that looks
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 02:17:41 am »
Hey Kappa,

You are missing an important feature of the tower that is displayed on the East side facing the Encounter. Otherwise they both kick ass. Great work! And where is the dinosaur?

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4568911/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/-/-/0972005/L/&tbl=&photo_nr=15&sok=&sort=&prev_id=0972006&next_id=0972004

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:29:01 am by newmanix »

keino333

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 03:35:45 am »
Fantastic...news...thanks can't wait to replace my cloud 9 with this...