FSDreamTeam forum
July 26, 2014, 04:08:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: KIAH has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: VRS Tacpac  (Read 5147 times)
SUBS17

« on: January 16, 2011, 06:27:24 AM »

Some details on the new Tacpac from VRS and they also plan on an SDK for it to be used on other flyable aircraft in FSX. Combat mod would be possible for acceleration hornet.

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5578

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfE_4JzwR4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfE_4JzwR4</a>

skimmer

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »

Wow! How much learning does one have to do? Is the VRS TacPack out now? Ive read that the VRS Hornet has big hit on fps. How true is that? I assume you have it. Thank you. Smiley
SUBS17

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 01:08:41 AM »

Yes I have both FSX and FS2004 version of the VRS Superhornet both run ok on my P4 2.4 gig with 2gig ram but the settings are quite low to get average FPS. I might need a new upgrade to my PC for Tacpac although I'll wait to see what the minimum specs are before deciding on that.

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:40:14 AM »

Gents,
Outstanding, isn't it? Shocked Grin

I requested/ask them (on their forums) to make their 3rd-Party *Generic* Gauges Replacement Module as a replacement to the Acceleration Hornets gauges.  That way we get fully functional everything for it along with CS' XLoad F/A-18 & F-117, FSD-International's YF-23, and the several other payware/freeware aircraft that would then become *Combat Ready* (eg. like Dino's F-14D Cool ) all in one installation.

If they do it, how Cool cool Cool would that be? Huh

"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Sludge

SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »

SUBS...

I see your back here touting VRS again.  Now that JR has his Combat Hornet with an active gun HUD that computes gun shots, you up for a shot at the title?

Ill even give you a starting advantage position.  You on a high perch, me low and half mile ahead, we start at the 20k block, and call fights on.

You game or still scared and gonna come up with an excuse not to meet me in a multiplayer dogfight?

Later
Sludge

Razgriz

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »

SUBS...

I see your back here touting VRS again.  Now that JR has his Combat Hornet with an active gun HUD that computes gun shots, you up for a shot at the title?

Ill even give you a starting advantage position.  You on a high perch, me low and half mile ahead, we start at the 20k block, and call fights on.

You game or still scared and gonna come up with an excuse not to meet me in a multiplayer dogfight?

Later
Sludge

SUBS17

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »

SUBS...

Later
Sludge

You can use the Tacpac or Falcon 4 Allied Forces or Lockon Flaming cliffs 2 and I'll dogfight you. I may need an upgrade though for FC2 or Tacpac but for F4AF I'll take both you and Razgriz on at the sametime anytime. Cool

I dare you both.

Razgriz

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 12:57:17 AM »

I'm down with FC2.
JamesChams

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 01:22:29 AM »

1 vs. 2 ACM; I'm putting my $$$.$$ on the "under-dog" ...

... Go kick their "VRS TACPack *Hating* @$$E$," SUBS! Grin
And, if you do, I'll buy you the TACPack as a gift for all your efforts.

Do it "Rocky" style:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CaiWxKYBo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CaiWxKYBo</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSMxY6asoE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSMxY6asoE</a>

Hows that for incentive? Wink

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:33:39 AM by JamesChams » Logged

"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Razgriz

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 03:36:08 AM »

Neither of us really need a 1v2, by the way.
SUBS17

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »

Sounds like someones backing out. Grin

Come on you can beat me 2 vs 1.

Razgriz

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 05:04:51 AM »

Not really?  I'm down for a 1v1, 2v1 is even easier.
Sludge

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 07:08:39 AM »

SUBS...

So more excuses, you cant fight in FSX still?  Im not paying a cent for the TackPack when we have JRs ready-made FREE Combat Hornet offers a Gun HUD and computes hits the same as anything out there.

Yet you still refuse to dogfight me in FSX using a Combat Hornet from an advantageous start position.  Figures.

And I told you, FC2 SUCKS for flight physics.  Its a dead jet.  Havent you figured that out yet?  Why do you think you have to have a special button to do a Cobra in an SU-27?  Cause FC2 doesnt compute for the proper lag between pulling the stick up, the control surfaces moving, and the "bite" of the virtual air the way FSX does.  Thats why in an F-15 with FC2 updated, when you pull up, the plane INSTANTLY pulls up, and adds AoA til either Over-AoA, Over-G, or lose too much airspeed and Stall out.  Whereas if I simply tweak the default FSX or Sludge Hornet elevator scalar I can do either Cobra in the FSX Hornet with no special button.  The FC2 flight engine is INCAPABLE of doing it without a complete work-around "button".  FSX isnt perfect by any means, as there are flaws but the FSX Hornet is a far better physics simulated jet than anything FC2 puts out there.

Chams...

Laughable buddy.  Here's a throwdown that even SUBS shouldnt be able to refuse.  Since I dont like spending money on VRS crap, I'll BUY the TACPACK FOR SUBS, if SUBS meets me in FSX multiplayer, flys the Combat Hornet, and gets a valid guns kill on me.

Name the time and place for that showdown boys and Ill be there.

Later
Sludge

Orion
Beta tester

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 07:35:11 AM »

And I told you, FC2 SUCKS for flight physics.  Its a dead jet.  Havent you figured that out yet?  Why do you think you have to have a special button to do a Cobra in an SU-27?  Cause FC2 doesnt compute for the proper lag between pulling the stick up, the control surfaces moving, and the "bite" of the virtual air the way FSX does.  Thats why in an F-15 with FC2 updated, when you pull up, the plane INSTANTLY pulls up, and adds AoA til either Over-AoA, Over-G, or lose too much airspeed and Stall out.  Whereas if I simply tweak the default FSX or Sludge Hornet elevator scalar I can do either Cobra in the FSX Hornet with no special button.  The FC2 flight engine is INCAPABLE of doing it without a complete work-around "button".  FSX isnt perfect by any means, as there are flaws but the FSX Hornet is a far better physics simulated jet than anything FC2 puts out there.
To be fair, though, FSX doesn't have all that great dynamics.  It's pretty much based on whatever is defined in the aircraft.cfg and AIR files.  Not a true simulation of the airflow, unlike X-Plane.
Sludge

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »

Orion...

Yeah, but dont you have to get the commercial 1000 dollar upgrade for that version of X-Plane?  And the default FSX F-18 is a better defined physics aircraft than ANY of the planes in FC2.

As I pointed out, FSX is better than FC2 (with any upgrades), even with its flaws (airplane sometimes shoots straight up, when in a stall).
FSX isnt perfect by any means, as there are flaws but the FSX Hornet is a far better physics simulated jet than anything FC2 puts out there.

Later
Sludge

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: