Author Topic: Sluttering  (Read 24676 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sluttering
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 04:34:54 am »
The only setting that looks wrong in the tweaks section, is the texture bandwidth multiplier at 400, which is wrong for FSX (was right for FS9, but too high in FSX), try to put it at 40.

anakletor

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 11:17:31 am »
Ok. I set it to 40. As expected it didn't have any effect on the freezing effect though.

anakletor

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 12:23:11 pm »
I am starting to think that this is happening because of the addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 06:24:55 am »
I am starting to think that this is happening because of the addon manager.

It obviously not, otherwise you'll see it in all FSDT/Cloud9 sceneries as well.

anakletor

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 09:36:26 pm »
Bergen is the only Cloud9 scenery I own, so I cannot tell about other sceneries.

If not the Addon Manager which other unique features of Cloud9 Bergen could cause the freezing, since it doesn't happen in any other sceneries I own? This freezing effect is new to me and I own lots of payware sceneries, REX, GEX, AES, MyTraffic, Radar Contact, FS2Crew for several aircrafts and at least 20 payware aircrafts. The system works flawlessly and with very nice FPS even at 1920x1200 with almost all sliders to the right. Still this happens only as soon as I get within 7nm of Bergen Flesland airport.

I am not a computer programmer, so my abilities to figure out what is causing this bug are limited. Cloud9 developers on the other hand should know what makes this scenery different from everything else produced for FSX.

Sorry that I sound frustrated. Unfortunately I am. Oslo Gardermoen, Trondheim Værnes and Bergen Flesland are the 3 airports that I fly the most. I will sadly have to uninstall Cloud9 Bergen scenery so i can keep using this airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:40:17 am »
Bergen is the only Cloud9 scenery I own, so I cannot tell about other sceneries.

You don't need to own a scenery, because you can download them all for free, since they are all available in Trial versions.

If not the Addon Manager which other unique features of Cloud9 Bergen could cause the freezing, since it doesn't happen in any other sceneries I own?

It's usually a missing texture, but it might be coming both from a scenery, or by something else. For example, a missing texture on AI airplane that is scheduled there, but not on other places (and/or not at the same time), might give you the wrong impression the problem is the scenery, because you don't see it elsewhere.

There was an identical thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3984.0

Which started the same way, the user convinced it was an FSDT problem because it happened only there, but if you follow the thread, turned out to be something else entirely unrelated.

In any case, we'll have another check at the scenery during the next week, to verify if there's anything missing.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:57:27 am by virtuali »

anakletor

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 10:07:34 pm »
Ok, I have read the topic that you linked. I have decided to start by reinstalling the whole thing.

First question. How do I uninstall the dreamteam files? fsdreamteam doesn't show in control panel - uninstall.

Cloud9 Bergen shows in control panel - uninstall. So uninstalling that part should not be a problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 04:25:31 am »
First question. How do I uninstall the dreamteam files? fsdreamteam doesn't show in control panel - uninstall.

Yes, they all do. Check better.

If you don't see any FsDreamteam entry in the Control Panel, either you haven't installed them using their installer, or something is wrong in your Windows registry, possibly caused by having used a registry cleaner.

anakletor

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 10:01:51 am »
Hi Umberto,

This is interesting. Of course I installed them by using their installer. All I find in control panel is:

Cloud9 Bergen FSX 1.0.1
VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX

I didn't find any FsDreamteam entry in the control panel. Hmmm, should there be such an entry. In that case, as you saiy there might be something wrong with the installation.

I have uninstalled both programs above, by using the control panel uninstall utility. Then I reinstalled again:

First I run cloud9_enbr_fsx_setup.exe and then I run setup_addonmanagerX.exe.

In control panel I get the two same entries above, but not any FsDreamteam entry.

By the way I don't get any entries in the start menu. Maybe I am not supposed to either.

Yes, sometimes I run a third party registry cleaner, but now it is several weeks since I did it last time, so that should not be a problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 11:15:47 am »
The FSDT entries should be there only if you have installed any FSDT sceneries. If you installed only Cloud9 ENBR and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it's just normal you don't have any FSDT entries. It wasn't entirely clear from your previous message if you had or not any FSDT sceneries installed.

In any case, if you Uninstall Bergen, Uninstall the Addon Manager and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?", you'll end up in the same situation as if you never installed anything from C9 or FSDT on your system, EXCEPT for your product's registrations, which will never be removed, unless you reinstall Windows.

anakletor

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 07:15:17 pm »
Reinstalling Cloud9 Bergen, FSDT Addon Manager, FSUIPC, MyTraffic, REX2, GEX Europe or UTX Europe had no effect on the pausing issue.

I have found quite a few other forum posts all around where people complain of their cloud9 and FSDT sceneries showing the micro pauses. At least I don't feel alone ...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:18:57 pm by anakletor »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 06:51:21 am »
I have found quite a few other forum posts all around where people complain of their cloud9 and FSDT sceneries showing the micro pauses. At least I don't feel alone ...

First, it's wrong referring to the problem as being a "generic" C9/FSDT problem, because it's not.

As explained many times in this forum, the default loading ranges for the smaller objects are purposely set quite small, in order to save fps. This will raise the chance to have small pauses when smaller objects are reloaded when entering in range BUT will make the scenery usable by people with less than top-of-the-line machines, particularly so when our first FSX sceneries were released, back in 2006, when pre-SP1 FSX performances were abysmal.

Along the years, machines were progressively faster, so we could afford to raise the loading range, that's why we added the option to the Addon Manager to let the USER to control the loading range of the scenery. With the Anti-popup slider to its maximum value, the objects are all loaded once and not "managed" anymore so, is exactly as if there was no handling on our part, it's all back in the hands of FSX.

Of course, this has some impact on fps, depending on the scenery so, it's a tradeoff between smoothness and frame-rate that's why the setting is user-controller.

So, those issues about this being a generic C9/FSDT problem were probably raised either before the Addon Manager added the Anti-popup slider, or by people that didn't understand what it does.

If you follow other threads here, there were other cases of a pausing problem, which turned out to be probably caused by another addon in the dll.xml file and the user solved the pauses he had at KDFW, by starting with a fresh dll.xml file.

NOTE THAT, this doesn't mean I'm excluding there might be a DIFFERENT problem, which could be specific to ENBR only, I'm just saying that's wrong saying it's a "generic" FSDT/C9.

About ENBR, I already said we'll have a look at it, it's just it might take more than the usual few hours/days we use to fix an FSDT scenery, because it's a C9 scenery that was released 4 years ago.

anakletor

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 03:33:42 pm »
Thank you for your response.

I have read about the loading rangers for smaller objects in other forums and some people seem to have fixed the problem by just adjusting the Anti-popup slider. This makes sense if the pausing problem really has to do with object loading. In my case I have tried many different values from 1 to 30. I have even changed its value inside fsx.cfg and put it to 100. None of these changes has made any difference though. This leads me to think that the micro pauses might not always have to do with object loading. It might have some other causes.

The fact that changing the Anti-popup slider all the way from 1 to 100 and many values in between doesn't have any effects on micro pausing or on any other aspects of the scenery makes me even wonder if this value is read at all.

I appreciate that you are planning on looking at this problem and trying to find a fix. I really hope you do find a solution. In the meanwhile let me know if there is something you want me to try in order to rule out possible causes. I just hope this thread ends up with a solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 04:44:48 am »
The fact that changing the Anti-popup slider all the way from 1 to 100 and many values in between doesn't have any effects on micro pausing or on any other aspects of the scenery makes me even wonder if this value is read at all.

The value IS read, and it's the fact you said it doesn't make any difference that suggests there might be an entirely different problem at ENBR (like a missing texture, for example), which we'll have to check, which is not related to the object management and, as I've said, it's NOT a generic C9/FSDT pausing problem, because there's no such problem to begin with, since *that* one can be fixed with the Anti-popup slider, which is there just for that purpose.

anakletor

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 08:15:55 pm »
Where are the birds? I remember there were birds in this scenery, but I cannot see them anymore. Could that be the missing texture that you mentioned?