Author Topic: New Aerosoft's Las Vegas  (Read 10253 times)

pmrose

New Aerosoft's Las Vegas
« on: December 25, 2010, 08:26:38 pm »
Aerosoft has just released a new scenery package for Las Vegas.  It is supposed to be compatible with the FSDreamTeam KLAS and MegaScenery Las Vegas; however there are a few suggestions from Aerosoft for better compatibility.  One of the suggestions was for FSDrearmTeam to make a patch so the Airpost will mesh with the rest of the scenery. 

Has anyone from the FSDreamTeam heard about this and wish to comment?

Thank you,

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Aerosoft's Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 07:55:01 am »
We have already been in contact with Aerosoft about this, and the patch is almost complete, save for a couple of details, from which we need to wait a reply from the Aerosoft scenery author.

pmrose

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:23:54 pm »
WOW....You guys are quick!

Thank you!

Speedbird84

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:25:39 pm »
Any word on the patch to fix the plateaus around KLAS.

Everything has worked and looks great except on approach when the plateaus appear.

Thanks
Chris Boyce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 09:08:55 pm »

Speedbird84

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I tried your suggestion with the mesh patch but KLAS still seems to be sitting on a hill,the plateau is not as steep/sharp as before but there is a definate rise on approach to the airport.

I have MegasceneryX LasVegas, Aerosofts LasVegas scenery and KLAS installed and in the proper order in the scenery lib.Also FSGenesis terrain installed but its on the bottom of all the others.
According to the aerosoft website Sasha has sent a fix to FSDT so I'm not sure if the fix you suggested is the same as what hes talking about.

Still enjoying KLAS immensely but if you have any suggestions how to flatten out the area around KLAS it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:23:03 am by Speedbird84 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:30:18 am »
I tried your suggestion with the mesh patch but KLAS still seems to be sitting on a hill,the plateau is not as steep/sharp as before but there is a definate rise on approach to the airport.

You will never be able to fix it entirely.

The real world airport has a significant slope gradient, but Flight sim doesn't really support sloped runways (the tricks some developers used to simulate them wouldn't work on such big airport, and would kill AI traffic) so, you will always see some rise, especially from one side, to give the illusion of a fix, it would required to smooth elevation for a very large area around the airport, which kind defeats the purpose of using better mesh terrain to begin with.

Speedbird84

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:37:24 am »
Thanks Umberto,

I will just stick with the fix you suggested. Its not a really big problem ,probably me just being a bit too picky :P

As always FSDT has the best airports and I am always extremely satisfied with your products and support.

Looking forward to KLAX!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

newtie2

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 11:18:26 pm »
We have already been in contact with Aerosoft about this, and the patch is almost complete, save for a couple of details, from which we need to wait a reply from the Aerosoft scenery author.

Was this patch ever completed? I was thinking about getting the Aerosoft LV scenery this weekend but thought I would post this first.

Thanks,
Mark

Nepomuk

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 05:58:23 pm »
Hello Fsft-Team!
I would really appreciate if you could make a autogen fix like you did for LSZH.  The layout of KLAS excludes a considerable amount of autogen to the northwest of the airport.
The plateu-problem is solved for me using the mesh_terrain.bgl you provided.

Regards
Nepo