Author Topic: Issues downloading KLAS installer  (Read 9155 times)

kmcimanager

Issues downloading KLAS installer
« on: December 21, 2010, 05:27:50 pm »
There appears to be an issue with downloading the KLAS installer. I was trying to download it yesterday evening and the download speed is incredibly slow compared to the download rate of other files (LSGG, PHNL). Slow may not really be the right word as the download seems to hang for long periods, and then progress in "chunks".

This was still the case this morning, and I have attempted the download at different locations on different computers.

Thanks for your attention,

Patrick
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:36:04 pm by kmcimanager »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues downloading KLAS installer
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 05:53:39 pm »
The KLAS FS9 installer downloads just fine.

Try the usual suggestions:

- Hit Refresh (usually F5 on the browser)

- If that doesn't work, clear your browser cache, restart it and try again

- If that doesn't work, remove all cookies from mediafire.com, restart the browser and try again
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:22:36 pm by virtuali »

kmcimanager

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:56:37 pm »
Umberto,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. Unfortunately they did not help.

Since you indicated that the FS9 KLAS installer downloads just fine, it looks like something else may be the issue. I am able to download the other installers for products I was considering purchasing just fine.

KLAS just seems to not want to play nicely for some reason with 3 of my computers, or with Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

ryanstarship2000

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 07:06:44 am »
Same here, can't download the KLAS installer its slow and the download is always corrupted. All other airports work fine...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:33:06 am »
I still can't reproduce the problem. However, I've re-uploaded the file, so it went on a different server, you'll have to redo the above Refresh and cookies cleanup, but it should work now.

Another thing worth trying, is to reset your router, to get a new IP (if your's dynamic)

juniormcgee

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:56:50 am »
Not sure what the deal is on my end either. I am having the exact same problem and I am a new customer. I downloaded PHNL/DFW/and JFK tonight all with no problems at all. Went to D/L Las Vegas and it just simply sits at certain times not D/L at all, then when it does proceed to D/L it is extremely slow at points down to 10Kbps. All the other sceneries were D/L at almost 1MB p/s. I have also tried clearing cookies and a number of other things and it does not seem to work. I have tried D/L 4 times now with all the same results. The one time the D/L actually finished I initiated the installer and it said that the file was corrupt and needed to be redownloaded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 11:52:03 am »
We have reported the issue to Mediafire, awaiting their reply, maybe there's a routing issue somewhere, and the server is not accessible with the same speed from everywhere.

juniormcgee

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 03:40:21 pm »
Sounds good Umberto, thank you for the timely response. Can't wait to buy it and fly it once the problem is resolved.  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 09:40:08 am »
The updated link should be working now.