Author Topic: Missing Buildings  (Read 29048 times)

kopek666

Re: Missing Buildings
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 05:49:30 pm »
There is below the beginning of Simconnect log file
Code: [Select]
0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.01719 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Auto, Address=::1, Port=50345, MaxClients=64
0.02417 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
0.02718 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=50346, MaxClients=64
0.03015 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=50347, MaxClients=64

1.68150 Exe Launched:  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe"  CommandLine=""  Version="2.0.0.2077"
1.78176 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
2.44020 DLL Loaded:  Path="bglmanx.dll"  Version="2.8.0.2"
2.44844 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
4.97761 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSCopilot.dll"  Version="1.2007.508.1"
4.98111 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
5.09296 DLL Loaded:  Path="E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll"  Version="1.0.0.3"
5.09974 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
5.10619 DLL Loaded:  Path="FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll"  Version="1.0.0.0"
5.20274 DLL Loaded:  Path="FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.65"
5.22037 DLL Loaded:  Path="FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.65"
5.23158 DLL Loaded:  Path="FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.65"
5.42397 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\LVLD.dll"  Version="1.4.2.1"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 09:48:33 pm »
The log shows that Coautl.exe loaded without errors. Are you really *sure* you don't have a Couatl.err file in

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

??

kopek666

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 09:57:06 pm »
When I want to execute this command, Windows says there is no Virtuali folder...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:05 pm »
When I want to execute this command, Windows says there is no Virtuali folder...

This simply means it hasn't been created, since Couatl never ran once or, more precisely, never run to the point of being able to create one. However, the simconnect log says FSX loaded it without errors.

Try this:

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Run FSX, go to KLAS, then quit FSX after the airport has been loaded. Check if you have a couatl.log file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder and post its content here.

kopek666

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »
The file is well created but there is nothing inside...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »
The file is well created but there is nothing inside...

Ok, since before doing anything else, the program writes something in the log about its version number, etc, it means it has been loaded correctly, but blocked as soon as it started. Sorry, but this looks like a typical antivirus problem.

kopek666

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 07:48:46 pm »
I really can't understand that.
I changed antivirus program
I exclude two files (couatl.exe and bglman.dll).

I can't understand why couatl is not working...

The file is empty (0 byte), there is nothing inside, not even version !!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:59 pm »
The file is empty (0 byte), there is nothing inside, not even version !!

Which, as I've said, it's normal that has been created, but it's 0 byte because it didn't run enough to get a chance to write something to it, which means basically it stopped as soon as it started. FSX hasn't said anything about having problems loading it either. So, it worked, but it was blocked somehow.

We use MS Security Essential, you can try that one. Of course, fully uninstall any other antivirus program.

Another thing that could be tried, is updating your sound drivers to include OpenAL support, it should normally work but, if your sound drivers are missing some files, it might affect Couatl.exe. Try to download this file from Creative (yes, even if your board is not Creative):

http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip

And see if it makes any difference.

kopek666

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »
as you can see, my antivirus is well disabed
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=752876antivirus.jpg

but nothing changed.
I try to start FSX without Internet Connection, I tried to disabled all other add-on but I really don't have Couatl menu.

I install your Creative OpenAl Patch but the situation is still the same...

I am very disappointed
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:57:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 10:02:48 pm »
as you can see, my antivirus is well disabed

As I've said, it's not enough to just disable the antivirus in that way, if it's interfering, you have to stop its services. And REINSTALL with the antivirus turned OFF AND its services disabled.

And, it's possible you have ANOTHER security product (like a firewall or an anti spyware), which is also interfering, even if the antivirus is disabled and even if the antivirus is uninstalled.

And, if you Uninstall the antivirus entirely, you have to REINSTALL again the scenery, of course using the current installer.

I try to start FSX without Internet Connection

I never said to do that, and it won't make any difference (if it did, I would say to try that). No internet is ever used or required when starting the program.

Instead, you should keep internet on when reinstalling, with all antivirus, firewall and any other security program disabled. At least, until you figure out what program is causing this.

kopek666

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 07:12:01 pm »
Hi,

I uninstall all products (FSDT KLAS, Add-on manager and Couatl Engine).
I uninstall antivirus and disabled firewall
I restart Windows and install KLAS
I start FSX with KLAS airport and there is always nothing.
No building

kopek666

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 08:19:23 pm »
Hello

No solutions for me ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 08:33:20 pm »
Try to remove your FSX.CFG file inside

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

a new one will be created with all default settings. Maybe you have applied a wrong tweak.

phenocom

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 05:51:23 am »
I have purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and I am trying to reinstall all of your programs. I started with KLAS but I get no buildings appearing. I have read your responses and have tried everything you suggested in the exact order but I still have no bldgs. Couatl does not show on my addons menu only Addon Manager which I used to activate the scenery. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me to correct this situation. When I tried to run the COUATl program manually from the file it stated that I have the wrong version for my  operating system which is Windows 7  64Bit 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 10:31:09 am »
If you see the Addon Manager but not Couatl, it's surely the antivirus, be sure to follow these steps to the letter, don't skip any step, especially the installation with the antivirus turned off entirely.

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered plugins" menu under the "Addons" menu.

When I tried to run the COUATl program manually from the file it stated that I have the wrong version for my  operating system which is Windows 7  64Bit

This can simply means the file has been corrupted by the antivirus, that is mistakenly trying to "heal" it.