Author Topic: Ry 32L Length Update?  (Read 6396 times)

ryanbatcund

Ry 32L Length Update?
« on: December 16, 2010, 08:51:46 pm »
Couldn't find any posts about it, though I'm sure there are a few somewhere...

I recently took advantage of the 2010 Christmas Sale.  I got ORD and JFK.  According to my AFD for ORD, Ry 32L has been permanently shortened and starts at taxiway M.  Will there be an update to the scenery at all for this?  I did find the news about an update to the new north runway 9L/27R... good to hear!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ry 32L Length Update?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:53:30 pm »
The whole ORD airport needs a much larger update that just that, with the new runway, we'll probably released it in early 2011, sometime after KLAX.

ryanbatcund

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:17:54 pm »
Thank you for the prompt response.  Most likely it would be a new version where we'd pay an update price?  I really like your sceneries.  Some complain they are hard on fps but my old AMD6000 does alright with them!

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 01:51:29 am »
Thank you for the prompt response.  Most likely it would be a new version where we'd pay an update price?  I really like your sceneries.  Some complain they are hard on fps but my old AMD6000 does alright with them!
There's no update price with any of FSDT'S sceneries. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 03:07:08 am »
There's no update price with any of FSDT'S sceneries. :)

Normally yes, but for the KORD update, we are considering two options:

1) A "small" update, that will just update runways to the current status, without adding anything extra. This will be surely free.

2) A "large" update, which will set KORD to KDFW quality standards, which means whole ground remade fully 3d (with elevated taxiways), using Shaders, custom lights, special THL, FAROS, RHL lights as in KDFW, in addition to be updated. This will be a new product, that will be offered with a significant discount to existing users, I think everyone can understand how big the workload involved is, it would be similar to redoing from scratch about half of the scenery.

Both options have their merit, and we are not entirely sure which one would be the best, and the issue is, it depends also on our future projects and how we can allocate our limited resources.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:04:47 pm by virtuali »

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 04:53:23 pm »
In anycase then, which ever you guys(FSDT) choose either will do. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

clintonjohnson9606

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:06:31 pm »
Virtuali,

First, the quality of the scenery is second to none! I'm very excited about the updates and the improvements to O'Hare.

Recently, I've reinstalled KORD since upgrading to a machine running Win7HPx64.

Unfortunately, I've noticed something happening on my computer other than frequently mentioned missing/incorrect runways. I switched to tower view while taxiing to 32R and the taxiway lines, lights, and markers all disappeared. Will the taxiway lines, lights, and markers be corrected for the tower view in FSX?

Clinton Johnson
Nashville, TN
United States of America

System: Intel i5 Quad @3.20GHz, Win 7HP (x64), 8GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 240GT, 1TB HD with 2TB Backup, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Sound card.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:22:10 pm by clintonjohnson9606 »
From the desk of:

Clinton A. Johnson
Nashville, Tennessee
United States of America

Mike...

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:18 pm »
Both options have their merit, and we are not entirely sure which one would be the best, and the issue is, it depends also on our future projects and how we can allocate our limited resources.

Not sure if you're still wondering about it, but personally speaking, from an FS9 point of view, I'd prefer option 1. Not that I'm opposed to paying for an update, but KORD is a very nice scenery as it is, it just lacks some runway updates, especially the new runway and to a lesser extent the shortened runway. I fear that if you redo it, especially the ground, it may introduce some anomalies that were not there before. Don't mean to offend anyone with that, it's just based on earlier experiences.

Apart from that, construction is ongoing especially south of 10/28, so perhaps a bigger redo is more interesting later on. In the short term though, adding the new 9L/27R would already be great.

Just some thoughts.

:)