Author Topic: XClass World Position in FSX Scenery Library  (Read 9294 times)

peterhayes

XClass World Position in FSX Scenery Library
« on: July 25, 2010, 12:26:07 am »
Hi
What are the ideal positions for the XClass World series in the FSX scenery library. 
Should they have a higher priority trhan say UTX, GEX, add on airports, Mega scenery, other complex scenery, and the inbuilt MS scenery such as Edwards AFB.
Thanks
PeterH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: XClass World Position in FSX Scenery Library
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:29:02 pm »
The general rule, for any scenery is: you usually put the more localized scenery ( which is *supposed* to be more precise ) on an higher level than the more general scenery.

Something like X-Class, being a landclass, should probably stay between the MS default sceneries, and the addon airports.

I'd probably put it higher than UTX (don't know about GEX, does it come with a landclass ?), because we think X-Class is the more accurate landclass available for the US so, you might want to use the UTX improvements in roads/rivers/coastlines, but with the X-Class landclass.

peterhayes

Re: XClass World Position in FSX Scenery Library
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:18:06 am »
V
Thanks for the response sounds good! Forget GEX it doesn't appear in the scenery library - my bad!
I was worried by FSX Edwards AFB which is usually lower that UTX in the library and is supposedly "photoreal"
Peter
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:19:41 am by peterhayes »