Author Topic: IFLOLS Gauge  (Read 15623 times)

Habu

Re: IFLOLS Gauge
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 12:02:10 am »
For the gauge to display in VRS TacpackSuperbug, I had to copy all the IFLOLS .bmp files to folder: SimObjects\airplanes\VRS_FA18E\Panel\FA18E\1024

whiteside

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 07:21:40 am »
Is there a way to get the guage to work with FCLP and the Nimitz and KittyHawk?

Habu

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 03:27:18 pm »
I use the gauge with Javier's Nimitz and acceleration carrier, flying Dino's T45, FSXBA Hornet and VRS Superbug following the default install instructions, except for the VRS. I believe install is aircraft dependent and boat (or airfield??) is irrelevant, so long as it has ILS.

whiteside

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 07:41:59 pm »
The Enterprise has ILS but the gauge does not see it.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 08:47:39 pm »
The Enterprise has ILS but the gauge does not see it.

As per the annexed 'Readme' file, the only boats it supports are - the default acceleration carrier and the JF USS Nimitz.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:20 am »
It's a common misconception which needs to be clarified - in FSX neither aircraft nor ships have ILS.
This entity 'exists' only in a gauge, attached to an aircraft. In general, the gauge detects a supported carrier and counts the aircraft's position relative to this carrier, so the gauge then can visualize this position.

A good example is the HUD gauge by Jivko Rusev, which displays ILS bars on the HUD glass. By default the gauge supports only two carriers (Acceleration and Javier CVN68). To distinguish the carriers this gauge uses different NAV1 frequencies. To extend the support I have modified this gauge so it now allows using ILS when landing on CVN65, CV63 and R09.

I don't have the gauge in question, but something tells me it utilizes similar techniques...  ;)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

whiteside

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 11:17:07 pm »
I get that the selected aircraft has a "gauge" that shows position to the supported ship.
Paddles, are your updated files only for the 3 aircraft you show?
Thank you

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 11:29:23 am »
Yes, these updated gauges are for the three mentioned freeware aircraft only.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

whiteside

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 03:29:21 pm »
Thanks Paddles, the updated callouts in the later versions really are immersive. Such a great program.
Will

Tregarth

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 06:26:20 pm »

For info.  I saw FSXNP's comment about location of gauges

It's a common misconception which needs to be clarified - in FSX neither aircraft nor ships have ILS.
This entity 'exists' only in a gauge, attached to an aircraft. In general, the gauge detects a supported carrier and counts the aircraft's position relative to this carrier, so the gauge then can visualize this position.

A good example is the HUD gauge by Jivko Rusev, which displays ILS bars on the HUD glass. By default the gauge supports only two carriers (Acceleration and Javier CVN68). To distinguish the carriers this gauge uses different NAV1 frequencies. To extend the support I have modified this gauge so it now allows using ILS when landing on CVN65, CV63 and R09.

I don't have the gauge in question, but something tells me it utilizes similar techniques...  Wink

I have run a quick test using the FSXBA F-18, Dino Cattaneo's Goshawk and Bear Studios J-15 Naval Flanker.

I flew out to the Nimitz and then the PLAN Liaoning which is supplied by Bear Studios with the J-15.  The F-18 and T-45 ILS/TACAN gauge worked with the Nimitz but NOT the Liaoning.  However, the J-15 gauge worked with both carriers.

The J-15 is a good plane but badly let down by the translation of the manual from Chinese into English.  The original manual was a nightmare to read, the update is now just very difficult.  But a good plane with many redeeming features (e.g. built in IFLOLS).