Author Topic: Two types of runway in DFW  (Read 15476 times)

tlittle

Re: Two types of runway in DFW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:56:33 pm »
Not a problem of the scenery but, most likely, a duplicate AFCAD for KDFW coming from another product, they usually come with AI traffic packages and, since are made for the default airports, must be removed when using with 3rd party airports.

To find AFCAD duplicates, you can use the free FSX Airport Scanner available here:

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/ (click the "Download Center" link )

Fact it's another AFCAD from another product in conflict, can be seen in your screenshot, because when the conflicting runway is visible, it has numbers, while the AFCAD that comes with KDFW doesn't have any numbers/markers, since the runways are fully custom so, it can only be another AFCAD from another product in conflict.

Thanks, I ran the program however it did not find duplicates..

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 09:00:18 pm »

Tlittle, just a shot in the dark but you dont have "View Optimizations" checked in addon manager do you? It's in the lower right hand corner next to the Anti-popup and Altitude cull adjustments.

The reason I ask is because I was experimenting with that box checked not long ago to see if it made any performance difference and when flying around KDFW it made mine look like what your screen shots are showing as the ground textures would disappear then come back in. Once I unchecked that box it was back to normal.

The "View Optimizations" check box doesn't do this to the ground textures at other FSDT airports that I own, only at KDFW and I imagine that is just because the ground textures are rendered differently at KDFW that the other FSDT airports.

tlittle

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »

Tlittle, just a shot in the dark but you dont have "View Optimizations" checked in addon manager do you? It's in the lower right hand corner next to the Anti-popup and Altitude cull adjustments.

The reason I ask is because I was experimenting with that box checked not long ago to see if it made any performance difference and when flying around KDFW it made mine look like what your screen shots are showing as the ground textures would disappear then come back in. Once I unchecked that box it was back to normal.

The "View Optimizations" check box doesn't do this to the ground textures at other FSDT airports that I own, only at KDFW and I imagine that is just because the ground textures are rendered differently at KDFW that the other FSDT airports.

I opened FSX, "View Optimizations" was unchecked. I tried to check it then looked, same problem. So I put it back as it was unchecked. Thanks anyway!

Virtuali I don't doubt that there might be an AFCAD somewhere since what you say about the runway numbers makes sense. But I just cannot find any other AFCAD? When the scenery loads initally I do see a grey runway WITHOUT the runway numbers, then as it loads the runway numbers come in. ALSO here's yet another possible CLUE - when the DEMO runs out the grey runway stays BUT the runway numbers disappear?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:46:36 pm by tlittle »

tlittle

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 10:20:16 pm »
I am happy to report that I have resolved the issue.

I completely removed ALL FS DreamTeam demos I had i.e. Dallas, KORD, etc. then removed the addon manager and the coatl enigne. I then re-downloaded the latest addon manager and scenery ran addon manager installer first then all sceneries, and now all is good!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 11:26:36 pm »
I completely removed ALL FS DreamTeam demos I had i.e. Dallas, KORD, etc. then removed the addon manager and the coatl enigne. I then re-downloaded the latest addon manager and scenery ran addon manager installer first then all sceneries, and now all is good!

It's possible that you move the scenery in the Scenery Library ? It should be at the top, which is were the installer automatically puts it. That's why it was fixed by reinstalling.

tlittle

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 11:48:58 pm »

It's possible that you move the scenery in the Scenery Library ? It should be at the top, which is were the installer automatically puts it. That's why it was fixed by reinstalling.

No that wasn't it either, I tried putting kdfw at #1 long before that thinking it may have been a layer issue. But for whatever reason uninstalling and reinstalling newest version worked   ???