Author Topic: Luthansa Cargo at KDFW  (Read 6852 times)

pcubine

Luthansa Cargo at KDFW
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:28:22 pm »
I am trying to locate a cargo ramp for Luftansa from which I can start a fight to EDDF. The internet shows GEC located just SE of RWY 35L. This is some kind of Delta building which has no parking spaces for airplanes. I have been starting flights from the cargo area to the west of 36L. Does anyone know what the correct description in FSX choose runway/starting position is?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Luthansa Cargo at KDFW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:04:54 am »
Based on the two screen shots below, one of which was taken from the physical address, I think they start in one of the spots I put in red. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the most logical spot.

pcubine

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:22 pm »
Sean

Maybe this screenshot will indicate more clearly what I was asking. I am trying to determine which one of the 10 thru 28 cargo parking is used by GEC.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:59:15 pm by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:43 am »
Sean

Maybe this screenshot will indicate more clearly what I was asking. I am trying to determine which one of the 10 thru 28 cargo parking is used by GEC.

Thank you
Michael Cubine

Ah, sorry. Your right I didn't understand correctly.

I made another screen shot for you with the parking numbers. They may differ depending on who's ADE file your using. I started out with Dennis's ADE, but have since modified it furhter so the numbers may or may not be the same, as the default ADE file that comes with the airport. In fact, I dont even have a copy of the default ADE anymore, so I cant give you the numbers from it. However, I would imagine that the numbers are probably still the same and it will give you a starting point to try at least.

Anyway, in the screen shot below, Dennis identified spots 10, 11, 12, and 75 as GEC parking, however they could also be 48, 20, 49, or 50. In FSX they will show up as Ramp Cargo 10 or Ramp Cargo 11, etc, etc.

It would be really cool in the next version of flight sim "Flight", if when you are selecting your starting point, it would show a map of the airport with the parking spot numbers. In the meantime, you could always download the freeware ADEX program which is what I use to make my mods and get parking spot numbers from it. You will need to have the SDK installed to be able to use it however, but if I remember correctly, its included on one of the FSX DVDs, disk 2 if I recall correctly.

Let me know if this helps.

pcubine

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 04:05:17 pm »
Sean

That looks like it will do the trick. Thanks for the information. I downloaded and installed Airport Design Editor about two monthy ago. Once I read about installing SDK from the DVDs' and then updating some files from Microsoft I figured that I would probably really screw things up I so I just forgot about it. Anyway, in the future I will use cargo parking 10 for GEC. This site has terminal maps with gate numbers http://www.ifly.com/ for pax aircraft. Just search for airport using the three letter code such as JFK, DFW, or ORD. This in conjuntion with flightaware which now has origin and destination terminals and gates, andon airports and some default FSX airports seems to work okay.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 04:36:03 pm »
Sean

That looks like it will do the trick. Thanks for the information. I downloaded and installed Airport Design Editor about two monthy ago. Once I read about installing SDK from the DVDs' and then updating some files from Microsoft I figured that I would probably really screw things up I so I just forgot about it.

I was the same way about installing the SDK. I had a perfectly running install and was scared to take a chance by installing it. Finally I ended up having to install it to get ADE and SBuilderX to work. I also run ASE on a networked computer so I had to have the SDK installed on both computers as well to run ASE in that configuration. In the end it worked fine and didn't screw anything up. Just make sure if you install it you go to the MS website and download the SDK updates and install them as well.

In fact, if your going to do it, have a look at this link before you get started. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

There is a bunch of info on that page which outlines which SDK update you will need to install based on what version of FSX you are using as well as the order in which you should proceed.

Anyway, in the future I will use cargo parking 10 for GEC. This site has terminal maps with gate numbers http://www.ifly.com/ for pax aircraft. Just search for airport using the three letter code such as JFK, DFW, or ORD. This in conjuntion with flightaware which now has origin and destination terminals and gates, andon airports and some default FSX airports seems to work okay.

Thank you
Michael Cubine

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I love Flightaware to get flightplans and gates as well. I wish there was a Flightaware for Europe, Australia, and South America as well.