Author Topic: Texture Bleed  (Read 16214 times)

9Y-POS

Texture Bleed
« on: November 28, 2010, 12:34:55 am »
So I jumped and got KFLL today but to my dismay i'm having some of the same issues w/ texture bleeding as I did with PHNL.
I did a lil search around here to find a solution but came up blank, hope you can shed some light.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/stanmantt/2010-11-27_18-26-28-52Medium.jpg
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:03:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Texture Bleed
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 03:09:47 pm »
The usual questions: which other sceneries you have for this area ? Your mesh resolution ?

There's another post in this section:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3483.0

which mentioned a problem with Megascenery Earth, that was solved by increasing the Mesh resolution.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:11:42 pm by virtuali »

9Y-POS

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:40:42 pm »
The usual questions: which other sceneries you have for this area ? Your mesh resolution ?

There's another post in this section:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3483.0

which mentioned a problem with Megascenery Earth, that was solved by increasing the Mesh resolution.

No other sceneries for the area, don't know if MYNN from TSIM counts but that's about it, mesh resolution was set at 5M, I tested 1M but do difference, i don't have "megascenery" but i installed FSgensis to see if it would help but it's all the same so i'm about to delete that. Do you by chance have  a bgl file that i can try that helped to solve the same issues at PHNL?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 06:39:00 pm »
Do you by chance have  a bgl file that i can try that helped to solve the same issues at PHNL?

We haven't made such file, since the only other time (the previous link I've posted) this problem was reported at KFLL, it turned out to be a Mesh setting.

At PHNL, it was a specific behavior, of texture being absolutely fine when departing, and flickering ONLY when approaching. If this is the case with KFLL, it might be fixed with an altitude fix .BGL so please, confirm if this is what's happening in your case. Strange, however, that nobody reported it before: the PHNL issue was reported by several people instead.

9Y-POS

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 08:07:47 pm »
Do you by chance have  a bgl file that i can try that helped to solve the same issues at PHNL?

We haven't made such file, since the only other time (the previous link I've posted) this problem was reported at KFLL, it turned out to be a Mesh setting.

At PHNL, it was a specific behavior, of texture being absolutely fine when departing, and flickering ONLY when approaching. If this is the case with KFLL, it might be fixed with an altitude fix .BGL so please, confirm if this is what's happening in your case. Strange, however, that nobody reported it before: the PHNL issue was reported by several people instead.

Funny you should mention because this is exactly what is happening, i confirmed it when i tested again on approach, there was a heavy occurence of flickering and bleeding but when i just load the scenery and taxi around now, nothing happens.

9Y-POS

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 11:36:47 am »
Any word on this issue Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 11:48:38 pm »
Try to put the attached file in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder

9Y-POS

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 11:52:53 pm »
Thanks , will give it a go and report back.
Unfortunately i have no good news to report, it was just as bad as before. ???
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:11:56 am by 9Y-POS »

9Y-POS

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 12:36:24 pm »
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:56:53 pm by virtuali »

9Y-POS

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 07:04:34 pm »
May I please get some assistance with this issue, the silence is deafening  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 10:03:06 pm »
May I please get some assistance with this issue, the silence is deafening  ???

You *already* been assisted, and quite promptly.

Of course, we can't reproduce anything about your issue, and you are the only one reported it (the only other one was probably a different issue, because it was fixed by changing the mesh resolution), so it's quite difficult to have a solution to a problem that we just can't see, so we have to work in the blind, which doesn't make it for an easy or fast solution.

We'll have another look into it but, as I've said, is not very easy to fix something that doesn't happen on any of our systems, and has been reported just by a single user.

9Y-POS

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 10:15:57 pm »
My last post was on the 1st and it's now the 7th, I expected that there would be some follow up to the fix you supplied. If I am the only person experiencing this issue presently,does that negate the issue trying to be resolved? I should hope not, I'm a bonfide customer.
Saying that you can't replicate the issue on your end is appreciated but if memory serves me that was your exact response when the same issue arose with PHNL but yet it turned out to be a very real problem.
I am hoping that maybe that BGL file you supplied can probably be tweaked, after that I may try a complete reinstall of my FSX. I suppose I'm expecting a lil more effort on your part, that's all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 10:58:44 pm »
Saying that you can't replicate the issue on your end is appreciated but if memory serves me that was your exact response when the same issue arose with PHNL but yet it turned out to be a very real problem.

Even if the final effect is the same, it doesn't necessarily mean the cause, and so the solution, would be the same as with PHNL. Any problem of ground altitudes fighting, will look very similar, even if it might be caused by different things, sometimes even acting together.

Of course, I've tried the PHNL solution first but, since you said it didn't work, it probably means the cause is not the same so, we need to try another thing but, as I've said, fact we can't reproduce it, makes it difficult to find it (once the PHNL solution is excluded), regardless of our willingness of fixing your own particular problem.

If I am the only person experiencing this issue presently,does that negate the issue trying to be resolved? I should hope not, I'm a bonfide customer.

Big misunderstanding here: whenever we say "you are the only one reporting this issue" it DOESN'T mean that we don't think your are not important, or we don't believe what you are seeing, or that we are any less inclined to find a solution.

It means, instead, an entirely different thing: not being able to reproduce the issue ourselves, it might take longer than usual to find a solution, because we have to try different things at random, not being able to see the problem *before* and the fix *after*. This is the one and only meaning of the "you are the only one reporting this issue" sentence.

9Y-POS

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 11:43:36 pm »
Of course, I've tried the PHNL solution first but, since you said it didn't work, it probably means the cause is not the same so, we need to try another thing but, as I've said, fact we can't reproduce it, makes it difficult to find it (once the PHNL solution is excluded), regardless of our willingness of fixing your own particular problem. .

OK now that you've explained it i understand what you're saying there.

Big misunderstanding here: whenever we say "you are the only one reporting this issue" it DOESN'T mean that we don't think your are not important, or we don't believe what you are seeing, or that we are any less inclined to find a solution.

It means, instead, an entirely different thing: not being able to reproduce the issue ourselves, it might take longer than usual to find a solution, because we have to try different things at random, not being able to see the problem *before* and the fix *after*. This is the one and only meaning of the "you are the only one reporting this issue" sentence.

I thought differently because of the length of time it took to get a response from my last post and really the texture issue is so bad it renders the scenery unusable for me, that's all. Do you have any other suggestions i might try at this time?

falconrae

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 12:29:36 am »
I am having the same issue of bleeding - I am using FSG 2010 and Megascenery Florida. After deactivating both, the issue persisted. However when I reduced mesh complexity to 152m the problem disappeared. Between 152m and 10m it returned and going less than 10m made the bleeding worse.

I tried adding a flatten switch to the scenery.cfg file but this did not change anything. I find that if the viewpoint is lower / closer to the runway e.g. in a microlight, the bleeding is worse. When increasing height it reduces but not enough to make it disappear for eg. a 747 viewpoint

Richard