Author Topic: Graphic Texture Problems  (Read 7713 times)

sonebone

Graphic Texture Problems
« on: November 23, 2010, 02:02:33 pm »
Hi Ive been having bad graphic issues with my computer in relation to FS9 with no clue how to fix. Ive tried all the suggestions and tweaking with other forums. I even went so far as to reformat HD. Still having problems. In relation to FS Dream team sceneries I am having the same graphic problems after install. As I fly around (outside plane view) and you look around you see these weird seam lines going through the scenery they somewhat disappear when you get closer and then gone when you are on top. Any suggestions with this? I wanted to insert a picture but seem unable to.  Thanks
E6850 3GB, 4 GB ram, 500GB sata 2 HD, EVGA 470 GTX, Windows XP

sonebone

Re: Graphic Texture Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 07:42:09 pm »
I was looking at the Pictures from the post "Florida Landings" and noticed that he has the same line problem as I do. If you look at the picture on the left side you will see a taxi way left of runway. Just right of this you will see a whiteish vertical line running through the grass and taxiways. You will also notice this (though its light) just left of helicopter as it runs through to the terminal. Also if you look under nose of copter you will a line however light running horizontal.  I notice these lines throughout all my FS Dream team sceneries now. Before my graphic problems I never notice any of these lines. Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:24:28 pm »
The scenery is made in tiles, and FS9 doesn't have the same precision as FSX when displaying object coordinates because of rounding issues so, there always be some kind of visible seam, which as you noticed basically disappear when going close, but it will never go away 100%

Sorry, it's not really fixable in FS9.

sonebone

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:49:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I wonder why I never noticed it before and now I do......I guess just one of those things..................BTW Could an internal software problem or hardware problem cause these seams to be more pronounced?