Products Support > Dallas FSX/P3D

Where are the wheels????

<< < (2/3) > >>

jordanal:
Hmmm, with regard to my above screenshots, I just verified that I do not have a SmallPartRejectRadius parameter in my fsx.cfg file.  Would this be the equivilent to a SmallPartRejectRadius=1 value?  In other words, I already have the reject radius as small as it can get?  Is there no way to force the wheels to show from a further distance?  I just ran the session again from KDFW terminal C and watched the vans and push carts.  I could easily see all the vehicles and their empty wheel-wells almost up to Terminal B; but again, looking really weird without wheels.

It almost looked like a fleet of land-cruisers from the original Star Wars movie running around between terminals B & C, LOL...   :D

virtuali:

--- Quote from: jordanal on February 04, 2011, 12:34:35 am --- In other words, I already have the reject radius as small as it can get?
--- End quote ---

Yes, you have.

--- Quote ---Is there no way to force the wheels to show from a further distance?  I just ran the session again from KDFW terminal C and watched the vans and push carts.  I could easily see all the vehicles and their empty wheel-wells almost up to Terminal B; but again, looking really weird without wheels.
--- End quote ---

The only way to increase this distance, is to recompile the objects. As I've said, I don't see what you are describing. Yes, I don't see wheels immediately, but as soon as I close in, they are back and don't disappear anymore because the issue they are *moving*, which is why the LOD distance is evaluated over a center point which is moving with the object so, it's not updated immediately.

But, at least on my system, it's really a minor issue that only lasts for a couple of seconds, then wheels come back.

jordanal:
Thanks Umberto,
Understood and I appreciate your time.  I guess if I ever had a choice in the matter, I would vote for the LOD1 level for the wheels to be pushed out further - just a bit of constructive customer feedback   :)

kamanba:

--- Quote from: jordanal on February 04, 2011, 12:34:35 am ---Hmmm, with regard to my above screenshots, I just verified that I do not have a SmallPartRejectRadius parameter in my fsx.cfg file.  Would this be the equivilent to a SmallPartRejectRadius=1 value?  In other words, I already have the reject radius as small as it can get?  Is there no way to force the wheels to show from a further distance?  I just ran the session again from KDFW terminal C and watched the vans and push carts.  I could easily see all the vehicles and their empty wheel-wells almost up to Terminal B; but again, looking really weird without wheels.

It almost looked like a fleet of land-cruisers from the original Star Wars movie running around between terminals B & C, LOL...   :D

--- End quote ---
Hi man!Hi,

I was just wondering how you solved your pb with the strange single wheel under ground vehicles, because i got the exact same issue ?

Best regards

Kaman

jordanal:
To this day, I still have the screwed-up wheel problem at KDFW.  The vehicle wheels don't appear until the vehicle is very very close to to my aircraft.  This is NOT the case with any other FSDT scenery, of which I own most, if not all.  The LOD level of the vehicle wheels really needs a second look and tweak.  It may not be a problem on the developers system, but it is certainly a remianing issue on some user's systems.  Even the newest (heavy) KLAX scenery does not have this problem - it is specific to DFW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version