Author Topic: Any Solve to AES and double jetways?  (Read 7331 times)

eabraham767

Any Solve to AES and double jetways?
« on: October 31, 2010, 02:17:45 am »
FSDT,

KORD has been on my buy list for FSX products for a long time, and like always i am only buying sceneries if AES works with it. AES does work fortunately with this Demo, but obviosuly the Double Jetways at some of the Charlie and Bravo gates are stopping me from purchasing the product.

Has there been a solution to this problem yet, many simmers are waiting for this to be solved? I would love to buy the product very very soon.

Edward

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any Solve to AES and double jetways?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 02:41:57 pm »
Do you see the problem with AES disabled ? If not, then it means it's an AES problem, which we can't clearly do anything about it.

If, instead, you are seeing double jetways even with AES disabled, then please make a list of all double jetways you have, and we'll have a look at it

eabraham767

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:34:03 pm »
This is only with AES enabled, with AES disabled the scenery is ok. I'll get back to you with the gates

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:01:59 pm »
This is only with AES enabled, with AES disabled the scenery is ok.

So, it's clearly an AES problem.

I'll get back to you with the gates

It's no use reporting the double gates here, since it's an AES problem, you need to report it on Aerosoft forum, clearly explaining it only happens when AES is enabled, and the scenery goes back to normal with the AES layer disabled.

eabraham767

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:08:16 am »
OK they said that it is FSDT's problem

After the demo time runs out and the building's disappear, the jetways are positioned properly, the double jetways are gone, it appears to them that the "extra" jetway is from FSDT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:00 am »
OK they said that it is FSDT's problem

From your description of the problem, it's clearly an AES problem. Otherwise, how do you explain the problem doesn't appear if you disable the AES layer ?

After the demo time runs out and the building's disappear, the jetways are positioned properly, the double jetways are gone, it appears to them that the "extra" jetway is from FSDT

This simply can't be caused by our Trial feature. Jetways are NOT affected by the Trial, we don't handle them,  we don't let them appear and disappear depending on the Trial, they are not protected in any way and not handled by our Trial system.

This is the reasons why, when the Trial ends, the only thing remaning are the jetways, since they are entirely separated from the Trial and not affected by it.

Instead, as far as we know, AES does check if our sceneries are purchased or not so, as long the scenery is in Trial, you are seeing both AES and our jetways and, when the Trial ends, the only thing remaining is our own jetways so, it's exactly the opposite: the double jetways are the AES ones, which is of course consistent with the fact that, if you disable the AES layer, they are gone.

Since the normal behaviour in AES is to exclude the jetways coming with addon scenery, and replace with its own, the most likely cause, is their exclude file is failing to exclude our jetways, maybe not all of them, but at some places the exclusion areas are wrong.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:07:43 am by virtuali »

ianj844

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 11:03:44 pm »
I have found that some gates with double jetways one for front and one for middle both at JFK and ORD only one is a jetway the other jetway is almost part of the building.