Author Topic: No Multiple afcad and jeways/parking position are in the incorrect places  (Read 12893 times)

ThePilotGuy

Could I please get a link to this? When I installed traffic X it looks as if it's added a new afcad.... So I'm gonna need this to fix the problem.

Thanks,
TPG
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:14:05 pm by ThePilotGuy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Could I get a link to the multiple afcad checker?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 11:01:53 pm »
FSX Airport Scanner, from this site:

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/

ThePilotGuy

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 11:13:15 pm »
Thanks for the link! :) However... There is not multiple afcad for DFW found.... the jetways are in the wrong planes and I start in the wrong parking position.... any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
TPG

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 11:14:43 pm »
If the jetways and parking positions are wrong, it can only means there's another ACAD in conflict. Sorry, the program must have missed it, but there's just no other explanation for it.

ThePilotGuy

Well I had show all Active scenery ares, and KDFW didn't show up in the list...any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:35:45 pm by ThePilotGuy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If you are refering to an option in the FSX Airport Scanner, you better ask the program author, we never used it, we only know that it supposed to find duplicates AFCADs, and it usually works. There's a discussion board about it on fsdeveloper.com

ThePilotGuy

ok Now I have noticed that the jetways aren't the ones that are custom designed by FSDT... and I've checked the file with the afcads myself and there is no KDFW file... However the afcad in the FSDT file is fine... could the jetway model problem also be an afcad problem...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It's just normal that you would see a different jetway model (probably the default one) in the wrong AFCAD, this just confirms even more, it's a duplicate AFCAD which was made for the default KDFW, calling the default jetway models.

ThePilotGuy

That's disappointing... I guess I can't use Traffic X with this... time to get a new traffic program. :) Thanks anyways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
That's disappointing... I guess I can't use Traffic X with this... time to get a new traffic program. :) Thanks anyways.

You can use your traffic program without any issues, the only thing you need to do, is to remove the AFCAD for KDFW that comes with it.

Putt4eagle

Re: No Multiple afcad and jeways/parking position are in the incorrect places
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 09:01:15 am »
I am having this same problem. When I spawn in at a gate, it puts me and the AI  in the wrong position.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/Putt4eagle/KDFW1.jpg?t=1298188481

If the AFCAD is the correct solution, how do you fix it. I don't know where to go to find these (or even what they are) files.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:11:21 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 07:40:46 pm »
If the AFCAD is the correct solution, how do you fix it. I don't know where to go to find these (or even what they are) files.

The solution was already provided in my first post: use the FSX Airport Scanner, from this site:

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/

to look for duplicates .BGLs for a certain airport, and remove all related to KDFW, except the one in the fsdreamteam folder, and the MS default in the main Scenery folder, of course.

Putt4eagle

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:17 pm »
I don't see anything called scanner on that site. There is his scenery and ADE. Should I use the ADE and the scanner is a component of that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »
I don't see anything called scanner on that site. There is his scenery and ADE. Should I use the ADE and the scanner is a component of that?

Following the ADE links, there's a link to a Download Center, the FSX Airport Scanner is there.

Putt4eagle

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 01:00:02 am »
Done. It didn't find any duplicates.