Author Topic: FSX Jetbridges  (Read 10865 times)

erich199

FSX Jetbridges
« on: October 30, 2010, 02:24:22 am »
I'm sorry in advance if this has been addressed elsewhere. I have done a search for my issue and have not found a solution.

The jetbridges at ORD are not moving when I use the CTR+J command. I have tried on every aircraft I have including stock airplanes that I know jetbridges work with and they just won't move.

Any suggestion?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Jetbridges
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 11:07:51 pm »
Not a problem of the scenery.

It can be caused by one of the following:

- You don't have the "Advanced Animations" flag cheched in the graphic settings

- You have another AFCAD in conflict

- Your airplanes don't have FSX exits

- You are parked too far from the jetway

erich199

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:16:57 pm »
Well,

I have the advanced Animations checked

I did have an updated version of the KORD airport installed, but have removed all files associated with this scenery.

My airplanes are the default FSX ones that have contact points installed, so I know the jetbridge should be moving to it.

Still nothing when I use jetbridge command.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »
I did have an updated version of the KORD airport installed, but have removed all files associated with this scenery.

Be sure to check with a program, like the FSX Airport scanner, to be sure you don't have a conflicting AFCAD somewhere.

My airplanes are the default FSX ones that have contact points installed, so I know the jetbridge should be moving to it.

Jetways doesn't have anything to do with contact points, which are only related to gears. Instead they need the Exits in FSX style.

Still nothing when I use jetbridge command.

I can only confirm jetways works fine in the scenery, provided everything I've listed before is veryfied.

erich199

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:50:38 am »
per your recommendations I used FSX Airport Scanner and it did not find any conflicting AFCAD files

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 09:51:40 am »
per your recommendations I used FSX Airport Scanner and it did not find any conflicting AFCAD files

There are some cases where the Airport Scanner might not find duplicates. In any case, if it's not a duplicate AFCAD, then it's one of the other possible causes I've listed in my previous message.

Do you have non-working jetways at *all* gates, or you simply found one or a few not working ?

erich199

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 04:31:22 am »
none of the jet bridges work when I use the CTRL+J command

I'll fly the default B737-800 from O'hare to a default scenery airport and the jet bridges work on the aircraft on the default scenery but not at O'Hare

The only scenery I've installed is the updated O'Hare which I removed per your suggestion

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 09:54:42 am »
The only scenery I've installed is the updated O'Hare which I removed per your suggestion

I never suggested this. What do you mean with "updated O'Hare" ? An updated AFCAD file you found on this forum ? The most updated version is always in the installer, a version found on the forum might have been surpassed by then.

In any case, this is not reproducible here: all jetways works just fine here so it must be something wrong with your setup OR you are just parking too far from the jetway.

In the screenshot below, you can see the jetway works, and this is by simply positioning the airplane to its default parking position using the Go To Airport menu.

erich199

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 03:41:33 am »
I've done a complete install of FSX and I'm still getting no jetbridges. I've noticed that the parking area from the default airport is still present in the scenery.

erich199

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 03:45:28 am »
Upon further inspection, I had to go into the config settings and move the FSdream team up to number 1 and it fixed the parking and jet bridges.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 01:24:32 pm »
move the FSdream team up to number 1 and it fixed the parking and jet bridges.

The topmost position in the Scenery Library is where the installer automatically put the scenery anyway so, you shouldn't have moved it in the first place. In any case, this means the problem was caused by another AFCAD in conflict that was on an higher layer, that's why rearranging the order fixed it.