Author Topic: Noton AV Flags Download  (Read 3632 times)

nobleord

• Noble Air - ORD Hub
Noton AV Flags Download
« on: October 17, 2010, 12:45:41 am »
I tried downloading the FSX setup for KDFW and Norton 2010 AV flags it with "WS.Reputation.1" and quarrantines the file.  Has anyone else seen this?  The FS9 download does not have this issue.

Thanks!
Bryan

Drerx8

Re: Noton AV Flags Download
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 04:32:47 am »
Happened to me too, I tried downloading it today to no avail.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:37:54 am »
As explained too many times already, some antivirus are wrong (Norton and McAfee being the biggest offenders), and report this as false positive. The solution it's always the same:

- Turn off the antivirus before downloading and installing

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning BEFORE launching FSX:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

Better solution is switch to a more realiable antivirus program, like the free Microsoft Security Essentials, which is very light on system resources, it doesn't mistakenly identify our stuff as threats, it's better integrated with the system, and it's always updated without being tied to a subscription.

nobleord

• Noble Air - ORD Hub
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 04:33:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I must have misspelled my search criteria, because I did not get any hits when I did a search... sorry about that.

Thanks!
Bryan