Author Topic: Minor issues at Lihue  (Read 15372 times)

Boeing787

Minor issues at Lihue
« on: October 13, 2010, 12:10:03 am »
Hello,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that at Lihue on Taxiway Alpha at the threshold of Runway 21 the sign reads that it is runway 3. Also, I've noticed that many of the cars in the parking lot are "buried under" the terrain, with maybe half the car showing (sometimes just the roof). I would provide photos but I am unsure how to do that. Do you think these things could be corrected in an upcoming minor update? Again just wanted to give you a heads up and there is really no rush.

Loving your sceneries  :)

Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

Boeing787

Re: Minor issues at Lihue
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 07:35:19 pm »
Actually Relating to this topic, I have been also noticing that on approach to runway 21 at Lihue, when I'm at a certain distance from the runway, there is a palm tree that appears in the middle of the runway for a bit and then disappears. I tried un-installing and re-installing the scenery but after the re-install it is still there. Has anybody else seen this? It really took me off guard the first time since its not every day you see a tree on the runway, haha  :P

Joel

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:03 pm »
No problem I will investigate for cars trees and sign. ;)
Thank's for reportorting,
Fabrizio

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »
Sorry Joel,

many of the cars in the parking lot are "buried under" the terrain, with maybe half the car showing (sometimes just the roof).
Joel

Could you hit V key in Fsx where cars get sink, and post here on the forum via image attach.
If you have Windows 7 The screenshot created are stored in C:\Users\"Your name PC"\Pictures\File di Flight Simulator X
If you have windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\"Your name PC"\Documenti\Immagini\File di Flight Simulator X

Thank you
Fabrizio
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:33:45 pm by simbio »

Boeing787

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 04:21:35 am »
Hey Fabrizio,

Have a little problem. I took the pictures in FSX but it seems like the file size for each image is 5.49 MB which is too large to post here. How do I make the file size smaller?

Joel

Boeing787

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 04:37:36 am »
Oh and it is a Bitmap image (.BMP) by the way. Thats what happened by default when I hit the V key in Flight Sim.

Joel

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 09:23:45 am »
Just open it with paint, resize to stay less then 1200 and save as jpeg.
Thank you
Fabrizio

DMullert

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 05:22:19 pm »
Hello Team!

I have also seen the tree appear in the middle of the runway as stated in this trail.  I have also noticed that the fire trucks that drive around the airport in both Hilo and Lihue, when looked from a distance they look like they only have one axle (they look like chariots with two wheels in the middle of the vehicle) - once you get close, then the two axles show up and they look normal.

Hope this helps!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 05:24:16 pm »
I have also noticed that the fire trucks that drive around the airport in both Hilo and Lihue, when looked from a distance they look like they only have one axle (they look like chariots with two wheels in the middle of the vehicle) - once you get close, then the two axles show up and they look normal.

This is not a bug, it's because vehicles are correctly made using LOD, to not impact fps.

Boeing787

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 02:00:32 am »
Hey Fabrizio,

Here are the pictures!  I highlighted the cars I was talking about, but realize there are quite a few of these in the parking lot so these are by far not all of them. I also took photos of the other things I mentioned too  :)  Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Joel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 01:24:11 pm »
You probably have your Mesh Resolution and Complexity too low. Try to set Mesh Resolution at 10m/pixel or better, and Mesh Complexity at 100

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:06:18 am »
Hey Fabrizio,
I also took photos of the other things I mentioned too  :)  Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Joel

Thank you Joel for the screenshots. ;)

b742f

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 01:46:30 am »
I have just 2 minor things. First when I landed I asked atc to go to parking, not fuel. But when it said go to parking via taxiway , I replied to atc "taxi to fuel"
Not sure why it did that
Then when I parked a fuel truck was nearby and filled my tanks to 100%.

Also should fuel trucks and fire trucks be taxiing on the main taxiways? A few get in my way when I'm taxing around. Shouldn't they just be using the regular roads?

Boeing787

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 05:59:13 am »
Hey guys,

I've been meaning to reply to this forum awhile ago, sorry for the delay.  Umberto, increasing the mesh resolution did indeed help with the car problem, but even at 10 m there are still some cars covered up by this "ridge" near the front of the terminal, and at maximum mesh res. this ridge is still visible (photos provided). I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about it, is there? If not no worries  8)

Joel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 11:27:11 am »
Yes, we know that increasing the resolution doesn't completely fix the issue. We should fix it completely, but at least the problem is much less noticeable in the meantime.