Author Topic: issues after reinstall of FSX  (Read 5646 times)

N69204

issues after reinstall of FSX
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:20:05 pm »
After reinstalling FSX to weed out unwanted sceneries or unused planes, I reinstalled PHNL after SP1 and SP2 - started up FSX and got the usual "do you want to run this" stuff for Couatl and Virtual SAS? then after it boots to the free flight screen, I get an error saying "the scripting engine has encountered an error while loading addon PHNL, one or more files may be outdated and corrupted." then it tells me that installing the latest version of addon manager may help fix the issue.. but I have tried that and it does not work. I have reinstalled it numerous times with the same end result.. while it never asks for my serial number - i suspect some registry files may have gotten left behind?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: issues after reinstall of FSX
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:49:11 pm »
then it tells me that installing the latest version of addon manager may help fix the issue.. but I have tried that and it does not work.

Installing the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager will surely fix this, as the message says. But you have to do it as the last step, after all your sceneries are installed, because the installer needs to update them.

N69204

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »
No luck.. still gettin the error regardless of how i install.. no terminals, just runway textures, and cars.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:18:08 pm »
Sorry, but if you get the same error, it means you haven't installed the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX. Are you sure you downloaded the current version now, and not installed an older version you might already have ?

Also, be sure you install it with the antivirus OFF: your antivirus might have mistakenly identified the program as a virus, and blocked the update.

N69204

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:20:15 pm »
Running no antivirus, and unless theres a newer version than the one i downloaded a month ago.. i have the latest. I'll try downloading a fresh copy.

N69204

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:51 pm »
What a sucker I am! downloaded the addon manager again and it works now.. my old one must have been corrupted or something.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 12:30:47 am »
my old one must have been corrupted or something.

No, it wasn't corrupted, is that you had to download the one that is online now, we had to make some changes that weren't updatable just by downloading the .dlls online as the regular installers do, but required to re-download the Addon Manager.

Of course, all the sceneries installers have been updated as well so, if you download any scenery right now, there will be no need to update anything.