Author Topic: Jet Bridges not moving in Honolulu - but working in Lihue  (Read 15172 times)

MDFMike

Jet Bridges not moving in Honolulu - but working in Lihue
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:18:33 pm »
I just purchased and installed Honolulu and Hawaiian Airports volume 1 last week.  Jetways move ok via CTRL-J at PHLI, but do not move at PHNL. Any feedback from others experiencing this issue, or any technical assistance would be appreciated. Running FSX under Windows 7 32-bit.

MDFMike

Re: Jet Bridges not moving in Honolulu - but working in Lihue
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:31:11 pm »
Has anyone else experienced this problem?   Jetways in Honolulu PHNL do not move - CTRL-J.  I have no problem with the other FSDreamteam product - Hawaiian Airports V1.   Anyone? Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 01:41:56 pm »
Nobody reported it before. I've checked now, just to be sure, and some random gates I've tried (7, 22 and 49) they all work fine.

Have you changed the supplied AFCAD in any way ? Jetways are dependent from the parking radius so, if you change it, they might stop working.

And of course, you should verify there isn't any other AFCAD for PHNL (other than the default). It's possible to check for duplicate AFCADs with the free FSX Airport Scanner.

MDFMike

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:50:27 pm »
Sorry for delayed reply - I've been away on business. With trial and error - I was able to get jetways to move only after disabling MegasceneryX Honolulu in FSX Scenery settings. MegaSceneryx Honolulu uses an afcad called PHNL-HonoluluIntl.bgl in its own MegaSceneryX scenery directory. I did not modify any afcads.

I ran the AFCAD scanner after marking MegasceneryX Honolulu Disabled - Results:

AP_PHNL.BGL                 (Layer 154 - FSDream Team Honolulu - Type:User)
BR2.PHNL.BGL                (Layer 116 - MyTraffic 2010 - Type:User)
FSDT_PHNL_ALT.BGL       (Layer 001 - Default Terrain - Type:Stub)

MegasceneryX Honolulu is installed but disabled - FSDreamTeam scenery for Honolulu is highest priority - followed by FSDreamTeam Hawaiian Airports Hilo v1 and Lihue v1.

So, after I unchecked (disabled) MegasceneryX Hawaii Oahu in FSX Scenery Settings - the jetways now move - however - I see double-jetways at some gates - (like Gate 13, 17, 19, 24, 25 ... and some others).

Is there any way to get FSDreamTeam Honolulu jetways to move - and coexist with MegaSceneryX Honolulu enabled?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:52:15 pm by MDFMike »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 09:31:02 am »
So, after I unchecked (disabled) MegasceneryX Hawaii Oahu in FSX Scenery Settings - the jetways now move - however - I see double-jetways at some gates - (like Gate 13, 17, 19, 24, 25 ... and some others).

This is probably due to the My Traffic X AFCAD. You have to remove all duplicate AFCAD files.

Is there any way to get FSDreamTeam Honolulu jetways to move - and coexist with MegaSceneryX Honolulu enabled?

No, other than removing all duplicate AFCADs.

The issue is: there's a bug in Flight sim with Exclude areas that excludes jetways and effects from the own AFCAD, not just from the below ones so, if we do an complete exclude that covers the whole airport, it will fix any problem with below AFCADs, but we would lose our own jetways and lights too. So, we had to painstakenly create lots of small local excludes to remove default objects, but this would only work for the default scenery, any other AFCAD would then require its own version of the exclude.

In any case, there's no need to disable the whole Megascenery area, simply remove the AFCAD BGLs.  And my TrafficX's.

MDFMike

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:31:50 am »
I removed the AFCAD for My Traffic 2010 and then re-enabled Megasceneryx Honolulu so only FSDreamTeam AFCAD and the "stub" AFCAD is active.

AP_PHNL.BGL                 (Layer 154 - FSDream Team Honolulu - Type:User)
FSDT_PHNL_ALT.BGL       (Layer 001 - Default Terrain - Type:Stub)

After restarting FSX - I only get some static jetways that do not move - and none of the FSDreamTeam jetways. For example,  I have no jetway at 16 - and have one stationary jetway at 17.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:32:44 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 11:32:31 am »
After restarting FSX - I only get some static jetways that do not move - and none of the FSDreamTeam jetways. For example,  I have no jetway at 16 - and have one stationary jetway at 17.

You mean static jetways that looks *different* than FSDT's, or FSDT jetways that are static ?

If the former is true, it's clear that you must have made a mistake, and another AFCAD is in use. Just keep in mind that PHNL scenery should be ON TOP of the Scenery Library.

Fact that at some time you were able to see our jetways working correctly, as stated here:

I was able to get jetways to move only after disabling MegasceneryX Honolulu in FSX Scenery settings

Means you must have overlooked something when moving/deleting files now. OR, that Megascenery has other files that are interfering.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:35:31 am by virtuali »

ivanm

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:28:04 am »
Sorry for posting on such an old thread, but I was curious to know if this was ever resolved.  I seem to have the same problem with no Jetway animations in PHNL if I have Megascenery Oahu turned on.  Even excluding the PHNL afcad within the megascenery wasn't enough so it must be another file there that's interfering. I'll post again if I figure out which file it is.

bjratchf

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 12:51:20 pm »
Sorry for posting on such an old thread, but I was curious to know if this was ever resolved.  I seem to have the same problem with no Jetway animations in PHNL if I have Megascenery Oahu turned on.  Even excluding the PHNL afcad within the megascenery wasn't enough so it must be another file there that's interfering. I'll post again if I figure out which file it is.

I have the same experience- I deleted the AFCAD file that came with the megascenery, but I'm still missing jetbridges in PHNL. There's still been no resolution for this problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 12:54:28 pm »
I have the same experience- I deleted the AFCAD file that came with the megascenery, but I'm still missing jetbridges in PHNL. There's still been no resolution for this problem.

If you don't see PHNL jetways, it can only be caused by another AFCAD. Jetway in a scenery are handled only in the AFCAD, and the  only thing that can exclude jetways it's another AFCAD, there's no other way around it, and there's nothing we can do from the scenery side, to prevent another AFCAD to exclude our jetways.

bjratchf

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »
Umberto, I reinstalled today and double checked that the PHNL-HonoluluIntl.bgl file was marked "off"- and that MegaScenery is below all of my FSDT entries in the scenery library. Something is still conflicting- perhaps it is GSX or a COUATL problem? Would there be a fix to make scenery not pop in and out, and force jetways to be displayed ALL of the time? And, do you have any other ideas about what could be conflicting?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »
I reinstalled today and double checked that the PHNL-HonoluluIntl.bgl file was marked "off"- and that MegaScenery is below all of my FSDT entries in the scenery library

That simply means your conflict is not caused by Megascenery. Doesn't mean it can't be something else.

Something is still conflicting

Sure it is.

perhaps it is GSX or a COUATL problem?

Have you read my previous message ? How this could be a "GSX or Couatl problems" when I've clearly said:

Jetway in a scenery are handled only in the AFCAD, the  only thing that can exclude jetways it's another AFCAD

Would there be a fix to make scenery not pop in and out, and force jetways to be displayed ALL of the time?

As I've said:

there's nothing we can do from the scenery side, to prevent another AFCAD to exclude our jetways.

This means, the only way to fix this, is to find the offending file and remove it.

And, do you have any other ideas about what could be conflicting?

There are not "other ideas", only ONE thing can cause this, which is another AFCAD of another product. Another common source for conflicting AFCADs are Traffic package products, like My Traffic or Traffic X. They usually come with their own AFCADs, which should be used only with a default scenery, and turned off if you have an addon scenery for the same airport.

bjratchf

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 10:17:52 pm »
I just rescanned everything with FSX Airport Scanner. This is what it came up with. I'll keep searching for the offending file- maybe it's part of Ultimate Terrain, I'm not sure. But I'm not sure what else to deactivate with the Megascenery, and why PHNL works fine without it activated even when Megascenery sits at a lower priority. Appreciate your continued work on this issue Umberto, I'll keep working on my end.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:08:25 pm by bjratchf »

bjratchf

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 10:21:14 pm »
Perhaps there could be a conflict with another FSDT scenery?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 11:34:45 pm »
Perhaps there could be a conflict with another FSDT scenery?

We surely not release other *AFCAD* ( as I've said already, the ONLY thing that can cause this it's another AFCAD ) in conflict with our own sceneries and, of course, if there was such conflict (there isn't), *everybody* would have seen it already by now.