Author Topic: PHTO Runway 26 ILS Approach  (Read 4892 times)

patborman

PHTO Runway 26 ILS Approach
« on: October 11, 2010, 06:12:33 am »
Umberto,

First of all, Thank you for another great scenery, I have all of your projects and enjoy them! I tried to shoot an ILS approach into PHTO Runway 26 for FS9 and the aircxraft did not follow the approach @ guild slope. It appeared the guild slope was aligned for the taxiway. I noticed in the fourms for the FSX this was fixed with version 1.1. Is this the same for the FS9? I have version 1.1 installed for both products. I also noticed in the AFCAD the ILS frequency for runway 26 is not listed. Can you give me some insight into this problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHTO Runway 26 ILS Approach
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:32:42 am »
It appeared the guild slope was aligned for the taxiway

You mean the localizer ? The glide slope is the vertical guidance signal and it's not aligned with the runway. Instead, it's *placed* near the taxiway, which is correct, since it doesn't provide lateral guidance anyway.

If you opened the AFCAD with an editor, you might have been confused by this, seeing the glide slope placed near the taxiway, but this is right, it's the localizer that gives the alignment info, not the glide slope and, as you can see from the AFCAD, the localizer IS placed correctly.

I noticed in the fourms for the FSX this was fixed with version 1.1. Is this the same for the FS9?

What was fixed in 1.1 was the ILS Approach *procedure*, which was missing in the initial release, not the ILS itself. The missing approach procedure only meant you couldn't select the ILS approach in the list of the available procedures for the built-in ATC, not that you couldn't tune and fly the ILS yourself.

I also noticed in the AFCAD the ILS frequency for runway 26 is not listed

It's not listed, because there's NO ILS in the AFCAD! The one that is being used, is coming from the default AFCAD, since the navaids are not changed and the runway in the scenery is placed exactly at the same spot as the default one, there wasn't any need to duplicate them from the default.

Can you give me some insight into this problem.

As you can see from the below screenshot in FS9, the localizer is perfectly aligned with the runway, and the frequency is listed. Both are coming from the default scenery.

If you don't see this, most likely another additional AFCAD you have, has excluded or changed the default Navaids. You can use the free Scan AFD program to look for duplicate AFCAD files.

patborman

Re: PHTO Runway 26 ILS Approach
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:32:03 am »
Umberto,

Thanks! Ran Scan AFD, sure enough a duplicate AFCAD was there. After removal of the duplicate AFCAD everything is fine.

Thanks again!