Author Topic: 1.1 update install problem  (Read 4012 times)

scott967

1.1 update install problem
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:55:44 am »
I downloaded and installed the FS9 Hawaii AP v1.1 update.  The installer went fine until it came time to download additional files, and I guess it timed out.  I tried twice then took the option to select "next" in the installer, which I guess bypasses the downloading of bglman and some .dat files?  Starting FS9 it seems addon manager is working and Hawaii AP v1 is active.  Should I do something more or just go with it "as is"?

I waited until today to install the FSX version of update 1.1, and that went without any problems so maybe it was a congestion or server problem yesterday when I had the problem.

scott s.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 1.1 update install problem
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:34 pm »
The installer includes a copy of the downloaded files, in case you don't have an internet connection working or the server can't be reached for any reason. In this case, the worse it can happen if it can't download those files, is missing the very latest version of them.

However, as of today, there's no difference between the files you have in the installer and the one that are online now so, your installation is correct, just as if you had a working connection.