Author Topic: Bought Hawaiian Airports and Honolulu but somehow didnt?  (Read 4616 times)

Boeing787

Bought Hawaiian Airports and Honolulu but somehow didnt?
« on: October 05, 2010, 12:10:01 am »
Hello,

I just went through the buying process for these sceneries (I did the bundle deal) through the addon manager on flight sim and I got the order confirmation at the end and everything looked good, so I hit the done button but then I got a message saying that the Hawaii airports volume 1 buying process wasnt completed and when I checked the addon manager it appeared that both honolulu and hawaiian airports are still in their trial version. My order number is:  ST74102466. Is it possible that you cannot bill me for this one and I can try the buying process again? Or do you have anything else in mind? What could have caused this? I am a poor college student, so I do not want $60 going out the door on me :( I'm sure you understand.

Thanks for your help and I would really like to get these sceneries so I can do some Island hopping :)

Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bought Hawaiian Airports and Honolulu but somehow didnt?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:09:31 am »
Since you have your Order Number, it contains a Serial Number: simply use the Register Serial option in the Addon Manager to activate it.

It's possible that your connection was down in exact moment between purchase and automatic activation so, the purchase worked, but not the automatic activation that comes immediately after.

Which is not a problem, since you can activate the Serial number yourself.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:44:01 am by virtuali »

Boeing787

Re: Bought Hawaiian Airports and Honolulu but somehow didnt?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:18:24 am »
Hey virtuali,

Thanks for the advice, it worked.  Although I got a little worried for a minute, because about 5 minutes after running the scenery all the buildings disappeared (although the jetways were still there). I looked at the forum for answers, and then decided to exit out of FSX and restart my computer. It seemed to fix the problem.  Even before everything disappeared, I noticed some the textures were a bit off...for instance the periphery between the water and the edges of the land around the airport looked weird (the water seemed to come up edges of the land and was jagged) But this went away after the reboot and the edges between the water and land were smooth and defined. Maybe that engine the comes with the scenery wasn't working properly? I noticed also that there were some trees on the western side of taxiway Romeo Bravo (before crossing the water to the reef runway) that almost looked white (but they were more faded in color) and did not change to their full green color until you got close to them. I don't know what this is (and I think its still kinda doing it). Any ideas? Its not too big a deal but just wondering. Also, I notice the perimeter fence stops abruptly with this scenery...any thoughts of future updates to make a complete fence around the airport? Again, not a big deal  :) One more question, I know with the addon manager there is a bunch of tweaks that I can make to improve the performance of the scenery, the only problem is I have no idea what any of these sliders do. Could you please explain, or is there anywhere I can find explanations for these. I guess the frames around Honolulu airport could improve a bit (they are around the 15 range on average.)

Thanks for all your help and thanks for the GREAT SCENERIES  ;D

Joel
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:21:38 am by Boeing787 »
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7