Author Topic: Fix?  (Read 7814 times)

jpmouse

Fix?
« on: October 04, 2010, 12:27:58 am »
I am confused as to whether there will be a fix to correct:

a) ground inconsistencies that are causing all of my aircraft to crash when taxiin at Lihue
b) visual anomalies upon approach to Lihue, such as runway changing to dirt, etc.

Right now Lihue is unusable to me.  Hilo and Honolulu are great and I have noticed no problems so far.

Thanks  :)

JP

CaptKornDog

Re: Fix?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:28:54 am »
I too am experiencing the taxiways and runways changing to dirt, especially at night.  I don't have any other meshes installed just PHNL.

Taxiing in from LAX, there was only one spot of taxiway that wasn't pitch-black dirt for me tonight.  Haven't checked Hilo yet.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6646/image2xj.jpg
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:56:36 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:59:31 am »
Of course there will be a fix. We need to check all the possible addons because, we can't reproduce it using only the default scenery.

@CaptKornDog

Your screenshot shows your image quality is very bad, it's not even possible to read the taxiway signs, this might cause the problem, even without other meshes because, if your texture quality is soo bad, perhaps other settings are wrong in your system.

To fix your texture quality, first put the Max Texture Side slider in FS9 to "Massive".

Then, put the MipMap quality slider at 5 or higher.

Then, use the Video card Control Panel, to force anisotropic filtering at 16x.

ChrisKLAS

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:54:14 pm »
Of course there will be a fix. We need to check all the possible addons because, we can't reproduce it using only the default scenery.

FYI, I'm using only the default scenery, and at PHLI have the runway "bump" (at all times) and disappearing textures (when arriving from another airport).

CaptKornDog

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 04:30:02 pm »

@CaptKornDog

Your screenshot shows your image quality is very bad, it's not even possible to read the taxiway signs, this might cause the problem, even without other meshes because, if your texture quality is soo bad, perhaps other settings are wrong in your system.

To fix your texture quality, first put the Max Texture Side slider in FS9 to "Massive".

Then, put the MipMap quality slider at 5 or higher.

Then, use the Video card Control Panel, to force anisotropic filtering at 16x.

Exactly, I can't read the taxiway signs at PHLI at night.

MipMapping quality is at 8, FS9 global texture size is already on massive, and the anisotropic filtering is set to 16x through my video card profile.  PHLI is the only airport (I know of) this happens at.  Here is a comparison with PHNL:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6369/image2lz.jpg

(And actually, while taking that shot, I realized that the "T 26R-8L" is actually labeled wrong  :-X, note the "T 8L" sign also...two parallel taxiways labeled as "T" - from the airport diagram, it looks like it should be "V 26R-8L").

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:10:39 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:23:21 pm »
Exactly, I can't read the taxiway signs at PHLI at night.

I'm sorry, but this is what I've see in the same spot, no problems whatsoever with taxisign sharpness:

CaptKornDog

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 06:55:56 pm »
It's not the taxiway signs that concern me as much as the runway/taxiway/dirt bleed through.

All of the TERM/ramp signs appear fine to me.  Day taxi signs as well.  I simply suspect if the night ground texture loading/bleed through is fixed, then all will be well with taxi signs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 07:08:33 pm »
This might be possible, not sure if the blurries you are seeing are related to the ground bleeding, but we are surely going to fix it.

jpmouse

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 11:45:00 am »

Thanks for your response.  I will patiently await your resolution of the problem(s).

JP