Author Topic: Honolulu Disappears  (Read 10031 times)

CRAtwood

Honolulu Disappears
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »
After installing the Hawaiian Airports Vol 1 my Honolulu airport disappeared.  I've tried deleting and reinstalling the program and trying to manually add the program but can not get the airport to return.  AES gates work but there are no buildings, taxiways etc. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Honolulu Disappears
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:50:55 pm »
Do you see the two Hawaiian airports ? if not, check if you see the Addon Manager menu.

If you see them, then it's nothing related to our software, because if it was, you wouldn't see any FSDT airports. If Honolulu is on the Scenery Library, check if you haven't added a cloned area trying to fix the problem because, two areas pointing to the same folder will make the scenery to disappear.

And, try to disable the AES layer and see if it makes any difference.

Of course, you need to restart FS9 at every change you make to the Scenery Library.

cybermasterz

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:34:22 pm »
Do you see the two Hawaiian airports ? if not, check if you see the Addon Manager menu.

If you see them, then it's nothing related to our software, because if it was, you wouldn't see any FSDT airports. If Honolulu is on the Scenery Library, check if you haven't added a cloned area trying to fix the problem because, two areas pointing to the same folder will make the scenery to disappear.

And, try to disable the AES layer and see if it makes any difference.

Of course, you need to restart FS9 at every change you make to the Scenery Library.

yea i did the same too
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 08:13:08 pm »
Do you see something at Honolulu, or nothing at all ? Do you see the scenery background and the jetways and no buildings ? Or, are you seeing just the default scenery ?

CRAtwood

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:50:55 pm »
I'm not seeing anything at all.  No building.  What looks like the default aprons but no taxi lines, buldings etc. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 12:05:25 am »
I'm sorry, but the only possible causes are:

1) the scenery is not installed

2) your scenery.cfg had an error, so the installer did not complete. But it would have issued a warning during the installation

3) there's a double area in the Scenery Library pointing to the same PHNL folder

4) another scenery is excluding it entirely

I'm excluding the most common cause, which is the antivirus killing the Addon Manager, since you haven't said anything about the Addon Manager menu missing and, if this was the case, you wouldn't see any FSDT airports.

kgamaggio

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 08:51:13 pm »
Same here.

I was flying PHNL and decided to test Hawaiian Vol.1. Shut down FS, downloaded and installed Vol.1

After installation PHNL is gone. The Add-on Manager menu is there and shows PHNL as active.

Since I was flying PHNL I know there are no double sceneries or exclusions.

HELP!

Thxs,
Kris

kgamaggio

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 09:43:57 pm »
OK, I now reinstalled PHNL with the latest installer. That solved it....

cybermasterz

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 09:50:36 pm »
OK, I now reinstalled PHNL with the latest installer. That solved it....

sure i did the same to and it works very well for me :P :D back to Honolulu :P
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

CRAtwood

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 09:02:01 pm »
I got frustrated and wiped MSFS completely off my computer so I could re-install everything.   The first program I installed was Honolulu.  Again, no buildings only some gates, the taxi ways and runways  How do I get the latest installer as it appeares that has helped some. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:06:10 pm »
The downloads on the site are always updated to the last version.

In any case, if you don't have buildings, it doesn't have anything to do with the installer so, a new installer will not likely fix a problem which was in your system to begin with.

As explained many times already on the forum, most of the issues are caused by faulty antivirus programs, and in the few cases the antivirus is not the culprit, it's existing problems in the FSX installation, like missing Simconnect libraries and/or system C++ runtimes libraries not correctly installed, or corrupted.

CRAtwood

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 05:57:55 pm »
Went back and downloaded the program again.  Now everything is back.  Wish I could have figured all that out before I wipped MSFS off of my computer and started over again.  Doesn't seem to have been caused by a by faulty antivirus programs, missing Simconnect libraries and/or system C++ runtimes libraries not correctly installed, or corrupted. 

If you are reading this, plase don't make the same mistake I made.  Download the program again and see if that solves your problem. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:00:41 pm by CRAtwood »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 07:01:07 pm »
Doesn't seem to have been caused by a by faulty antivirus programs, missing Simconnect libraries and/or system C++ runtimes libraries not correctly installed, or corrupted.

It probably was, instead.

Since our installer automatically installs the correct C++ runtimes at the end so, if something had corrupted them, it might be possible they were fixed by simply running the installer again