Author Topic: ntdll error  (Read 18979 times)

AbqVlieger

Re: ntdll error
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 12:34:59 am »
Thank you virtuali,

As I said when I opened this post I did not think that my problem was caused by the FSDT scennery.  The reason that I posted here was to see if anyone else had a problem like mine and, if so, what they did to fix the problem.  What I was hoping for was some suggestions as to what I could try to fix the problem.  So far, even though I have not been able to fix the problem, I have been given some good ideas.  Hopefully more will come.

I had asked about the UT bgl file in hope that there might be a simular UT file for the pacific- as you can see I am looking for anything.

I have tried to google the ntdll crash but this has not helped at all.  I am running Vista64 with 6gb of memory and I am also running the greater than 3 gb memory "fix" for FS9.  At lease that is what I think I am doing  ???

What is so strange to me is that FS9 stops over water when there is no terrain involved.  To me it would seem that that is a point in time where FS9 would have a need for much less memory.

R Jones

graemeb

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 02:25:07 am »
I spent hours trying to figure this out yesterday, but I think I am going to give up.  :(
There is possibly a bad third party file in one of the FS9 defailt folders (ie: \scenery\base\scenery, or \scenery\generic\scenery, or \addon scenery\scenery), or a missing/corrupted texture file somewhere. It is too time consuming to manually determine, and I don't have the time at the moment - so I am just not flying near Hawaii for the foreseeable future.
Graeme

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 06:17:42 pm »
It's not certain is related to memory *consumption*, a problem in a .BGL file could cause instant crashing, because of a bad allocation attempt or a pointer to a faulty memory location. These are the things that usually cause ntdll.dll errors so, they can be anything.

It's possible we just discovered a bug in the default FS9 scenery in the Hawaii zone, that nobody noticed before, simply because not many flew in that area before we started to cover it.

AbqVlieger

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 12:02:14 am »
Thank you,

For me what is stranger is that I can fly from PHNL into both of the new airports with no problems, it is only when I am flying out of those two airports that I have the FS9 failure.  Wouldn't a bgl file work both ways?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 09:53:34 am »
Wouldn't a bgl file work both ways?

No, it doesn't. In some cases it makes a difference in what .bgl are read and in which order, depending if you fly into or out of an airport.

AbqVlieger

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 01:51:56 pm »
Is there any way to figure out which bgl files are being read in a particular area?  Is there a way to replace bgl files? 

Thank you for any help. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »
Is not as simple: by using a file tracking utility, is possible to monitor which files are being opened, but that doesn't mean the content is actually *read*

And, it's quite funny that, by using such utilities, one can find that Flight sim sometimes open .BGLs that can be entirely unrelated to the area flown (even thousand of miles apart), which means an addon scenery that never had anything to do with Hawaii, could still affect it.

I find much easier to reinstall Flight sim, then trying to hunt such things.

AbqVlieger

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 03:03:51 am »
That is what I have been trying to advoid; reinstalling FS9.  With over 4 years of add ons I am not sure that I even know where all of the serial numbers are located.

Thanks though for the advice.   ::)

BillS511

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 05:26:25 am »
I may have found the solution. I just completed a 3 hour tour from Lihue to Hilo without any problems after previously having CTD's within 20 minutes or so for the past three weeks.

The solution? The last post in this thread; http://flyawaysimulation.com/postx19265-0-15.html

I have a second installation of FS9 updated to 9.1 with no addons on a different HD, separate OS on same computer. No CTD's.

There are 32 dll files contained in the FS9/modules folder. These files can found on disc 2 MSGAMES3.CAB file time stamped 6/12/2003 8:36 PM. They can also be found in the FS9/BACKUP folder (backed up by the FS9.1 updater) The updated FS9.1 dll files (count 32) in the FS9/modules folder are time stamped 9/1/2004 2:46 AM. The funny thing is the 32 dll files in the sim I always fly were time stamped at 3:46 AM. So I just copied the 9/1/2004 2:46 AM files to the modules folder.
Whew! I hope this is it.

What could have changed the time stamp from 2:46 AM to 3:46 AM? Could this have been causing the CTD's?

Bill
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:30:48 am by Bill511 »