Author Topic: No buildings at PHTO  (Read 8806 times)

ravenn22

No buildings at PHTO
« on: September 30, 2010, 05:40:48 am »
I'm still running the trial version of Hawaiian Airports and it looks great so far, except I'm not seeing any buildings at Hilo ( starting the trial at Hilo, so it's not timing out ), I tried reinstalling and rebooting with no luck. ( I'd updated PHNL today as well, and had similar issues with that which are now fixed ). I am seeing all the buildings at PHLI and PHNL, just not at PHTO - has anyone else run into this? 

Running:
Win 7 Pro 64, current updates
nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
8G ram

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings at PHTO
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:33:14 am »
That's not normal, if there was a problem with the software not running, you wouldn't see any buildings in any of the FSDT airports, not just Hilo.

And, the fact you see PHLI, shows that you have all the updated files, otherwise (in case you had an old version) you wouldn't see buildings at PHLI too.

Try the usual suggestion, just to be sure:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

ravenn22

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:06:04 pm »
I rebooted once and it worked... then today, the building weren't visible - but I jumped over to PHLI and the buildings also were not visible. I got my coupon today and bought the scenery and that fixed the building issue.

What I think may have happened, is that I select the airport, then do something else for a few minutes while FSX pre-loads the scenery. When I click Fly Now, the load is instant, but perhaps the trial period actually starts when the airport is selected? ( The message that your trial period is starting still appears as soon as the game loads ). I don't know if this is a possible bug, but the timing of the problem fits. Anyways - it's fixed for me now. Thx!

One final question - is the roof texture @ PHTO correct? ( see attached screen ) looks like there might have been a mapping or texture issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:55 am »
When I click Fly Now, the load is instant, but perhaps the trial period actually starts when the airport is selected?

Yes, of course. If you spend, let's say, 4 minutes on the menu and 1 minute to load, by the time the airport is loaded, the Trial has lapsed so, it's just to be expected.

A trick could be creating a Flight on another airport in the area that has to be at least 10-12 nm away from PHTO, then go to PHTO from there, so you can have more Trial time to use.

Of course, this will only in issue in Trial mode, if won't affect the purchased product.

ravenn22

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 05:42:11 am »
that would make sense with what I'm seeing...

Any thoughts on the PHTO terminal roof texture - is that what everyone else is seeing?

And 3 minor items I noticed flying into PHLI a few minutes ago that I didn't feel it was worth creating a new thread...

1. When using ATC (~) and selecting PHLI ATIS info, I was spammed ( in the voice  / text scroll ) with active runways that don't exist at PHLI ( I think it listed about 15-20 runways )

2. When taxing up to the windsock by the terminal ( at the departure end of RWY 3 ) all animated positions were displaying ( 4-5 positions ), as I taxied closer to take a screenshot - it popped to the correct position. I was thinking it might be an LOD issue, but I backed away and couldn't reproduce it. Just making a note.

3. Are the 3 helipads ( not the parking pads, which look great btw ) at PHLI intentionally missing? And if it's an oversight, would it be possible to include them in a update? Even just placing the default MS helipads in position would be perfect.

The scenery is looking really nice so far...
Thx!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 09:41:32 am »
1. When using ATC (~) and selecting PHLI ATIS info, I was spammed ( in the voice  / text scroll ) with active runways that don't exist at PHLI ( I think it listed about 15-20 runways )

Not a bug of the scenery, but a very well known side-effect of using crosswind fake runways to allow multiple crossed runways in use

2. When taxing up to the windsock by the terminal ( at the departure end of RWY 3 ) all animated positions were displaying ( 4-5 positions ), as I taxied closer to take a screenshot - it popped to the correct position. I was thinking it might be an LOD issue, but I backed away and couldn't reproduce it. Just making a note.

Not really a bug of the scenery, but a side effect of an FSX optimization that we can't control, that variables that control objects interactivity are not initialized the first time you go to an airport: you need to get close to the object first to "awake" it, then it stays awaken regardless of the distance.

3. Are the 3 helipads ( not the parking pads, which look great btw ) at PHLI intentionally missing? And if it's an oversight, would it be possible to include them in a update? Even just placing the default MS helipads in position would be perfect.

We are already adding helipads and helipads start position in the next update.

cybermasterz

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »
I'm still running the trial version of Hawaiian Airports and it looks great so far, except I'm not seeing any buildings at Hilo ( starting the trial at Hilo, so it's not timing out ), I tried reinstalling and rebooting with no luck. ( I'd updated PHNL today as well, and had similar issues with that which are now fixed ). I am seeing all the buildings at PHLI and PHNL, just not at PHTO - has anyone else run into this? 

Running:
Win 7 Pro 64, current updates
nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
8G ram

well night to the trial version expire ..........  :-\ :-\
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

ravenn22

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »
Not a bug of the scenery, but a very well known side-effect of using crosswind fake runways to allow multiple crossed runways in use

Not really a bug of the scenery, but a side effect of an FSX optimization that we can't control, that variables that control objects interactivity are not initialized the first time you go to an airport: you need to get close to the object first to "awake" it, then it stays awaken regardless of the distance.

We are already adding helipads and helipads start position in the next update.

1. I'll look into it ( hopefully there's a fix? )
2. Not a surprise :)
3. Sounds great! Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 11:55:29 pm »
1. I'll look into it ( hopefully there's a fix? )

Not really, unless you rather have single runway operations instead. If you do, it would be very easy to remove the fake crosswind runways in the AFCAD, with a program like ADE.

Every Flight sim scenery that uses this method will have this ATIS quirk, because that's basically an hack to circumvent a Flight sim design limit. Of course, airports with parallels runways are not affected.