Author Topic: A few minor issues  (Read 8712 times)

chucky

A few minor issues
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:30:50 pm »
I've started exploring my new Hawaiian airports, and I've noticed a few minor issues.

1)  PHTO jetways - not there.  Someone else is having this same problem (Edit - forgot to say, my scenery complexity is at the highest setting)
2)  PHTO taxiway lights - something missing?  See the attached screenshot
3)  Runway distance remaining - they count up rather than down.  These signs show distance remaining on a runway in 1000s of feet, but in the scenery they seem to be facing the wrong way.  I noticed this both at PHTO and PHLI
4)  PHLI - Runway contact surface seems to be slightly above the rest of the airport.  For both runways, the aircraft bounces up maybe a foot when it enters a runway, and drops back down again when it exits.
5)  Taxiway lights and signs seem to be slightly elevated.  I wouldn't even mention this, since it's barely noticeable, except that it might be related to the above issue.  I do have a custom mesh installed (fsdreamscapes).

None of these issues are affecting my enjoyment of the sceneries.  Just thought I'd bring them up, since some of them might have obvious or simple fixes.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:52:23 pm by chucky »

Silverbird

Re: A few minor issues
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:52:17 pm »
I've started exploring my new Hawaiian airports, and I've noticed a few minor issues.

1)  PHTO jetways - not there.  Someone else is having this same problem
2)  PHTO taxiway lights - something missing?  See the attached screenshot
3)  Runway distance remaining - they count up rather than down.  These signs show distance remaining on a runway in 1000s of feet, but in the scenery they seem to be facing the wrong way.  I noticed this both at PHTO and PHLI
4)  PHLI - Runway contact surface seems to be slightly above the rest of the airport.  For both runways, the aircraft bounces up maybe a foot when it enters a runway, and drops back down again when it exits.
5)  Taxiway lights and signs seem to be slightly elevated.  I wouldn't even mention this, since it's barely noticeable, except that it might be related to the above issue.  I do have a custom mesh installed (fsdreamscapes).

None of these issues are affecting my enjoyment of the sceneries.  Just thought I'd bring them up, since some of them might have obvious or simple fixes.

HI Chuck, I also checked it out your right about the taxiway lights and strangely the jet ways are not there. I'm not using any custom mesh.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

9Y-POS

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:15:01 am »
I can also report that there's an issue of no jetways and i too have scenery at extremely dense.

curt1

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:25:44 am »
I have found another issue.  When approaching a landing runway (in my flight PHLI), the runway markings disappear.  It started at about 600' on final approach, and all markings gradually disappeared.  Also, from the control tower view, if you zoom in the runway markings disappear also.

Curt

EDIT:  I just tried again at PHLI, and this time there was no problem.  I don't know why it happened the first time, so I'll wait and see if others have similar reports.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:41:08 am by curt1 »

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 01:36:35 am »
Thank's  for report.
We will fix in the next update.
Thank you
Fabrizio

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 01:38:20 am »
Thank's  for report.
We will fix in the next update.
Thank you
Fabrizio

Thanks Fabrizio.  ;)  :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

meshman

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 02:36:22 am »
If I might add some areas to look at?

Users of UTX are going to see a big chunk of land outside of Hilo Bay, due to the revised water done for the package. While it's involving a third-party product, the solution is very quick and easy. Took about 1 minute last night for me to make things right. The water poly for Hilo needs to extend beyond the QMID 11 boundary; NW corner @19.8707331x-155.0399426 and NE corner @ 19.8707331 x-154.9151408. Doing this adjustment won't affect anything in the Hilo package, but will keep those pesky UTX users from complaining.  ;)

Just left of Gate 3 is a 95% buried yellow van, but the 5% is still visible. It's not a place where that object would normally be.

Over close to the bay there are a couple of buildings partially off the flattened area. There's also some plateau effect, that while not damaging, is unsightly.

I fly little stuff, so my view is different than the heavy iron, but the runway and taxi lights are too tall. I've got them measured out about 4' high, whereas normal is around 14", maybe more if snow conditions justify raising them. Hilo doesn't get snow, it's up on Mauna Loa.  ;D

Lihue offers some challenges, due to the terrain and slope of the airport. While I can see some effort done on the south side of the airport, towards the harbor (I know the process used!) there is a large plateau sitting on the north side, which could use a little "feathering", as even using 10m mesh (my own for Hawai'i) makes things look rough.

And I mentioned in the FS9 forum and a thread on flickering about how the runways at PHLI are at 154.2', with the balance at 153'.

Pictures are available, if they help; www.lcsims.com/storage3/HI_airports_1.zip

B777ER

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 08:21:24 pm »
At PHLI when taxing off runway 35 onto the taxiway there seems to be a slight drop off. could hear the gear making the crunching sound.
Eric

tdavart

• Disrud Studios
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 02:42:31 am »
I'm not sure if this has been reported but just noticed while landing that the windsock is displaying calm, moderate and heavy winds....all at once. Not using real weather.

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 03:50:06 am »
I'm not sure if this has been reported but just noticed while landing that the windsock is displaying calm, moderate and heavy winds....all at once. Not using real weather.

+1, the windsock displayed multiple wind types at once until you came within close proximity of it and 'reset' it