Author Topic: Jetways at Hilo  (Read 10298 times)

ahaka

Jetways at Hilo
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:03:43 pm »
Hi!

I bought this great airport package today, and was just wondering why are there no jetways at the Hilo airport. In the Google Satellite image it still shows that the terminal has jetways. Have they been removed from the airport just recently?

Silverbird

Re: Jetways at Hilo
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:42:58 pm »
Hi!

I bought this great airport package today, and was just wondering why are there no jetways at the Hilo airport. In the Google Satellite image it still shows that the terminal has jetways. Have they been removed from the airport just recently?

Hi ahaka, it was just in small error the developers will issue in update since I too dont have jetways in the fsx version. but they are indeed Hilo airport.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:45:47 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 03:37:12 pm »
Yes, an update will arrive soon, due to an oversight, a wrong file slipped in the installer at the last time...

ahaka

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:39:40 pm »
Thanks Cesar and Umberto for the info! Not a big problem since it doesn't really affect flying, but looking forward to the update anyway.  :)

chusair

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 09:02:18 pm »
how are we going to know that there is already an update to download in order to see the jetways at Hilo? e-mail for those who already purchased the airport??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 11:49:34 pm »
We usually post the updates on the forum.

chusair

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 04:32:50 am »
would you please be so kind and let us know on this chain...looks like we will get notifications on any answer or post. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 10:47:14 am »
would you please be so kind and let us know on this chain...looks like we will get notifications on any answer or post. Thanks

I'm not sure what do you mean: when the update is ready, you'll see a sticky post about it in this section, which should be quite easy to spot. I don't think it's a good idea sending a global notification announcement, because it would reach all 4000+ forum members that, probably, are not all interested in the Hawaii scenery.

chusair

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 03:39:45 pm »
I am not sure why you are always so defensive, all I mean is that it would be nice for people like me that pay to buy something that they did not get...I guess that I should actually pay for something...that you will post in this specific forum with this specific subject that the patch have been added, then the people who wrote in this specific link called "Jetways at Hilo" will receive a notification, rather that using my time which is as valuable as yours to come to the forum and try to find out when is that you decided to post a fix for a software that I pay for...I am sorry that I am responding on a not so nice way, but my previous two posting were respectful and I don't think that you answer on a nice way...so respect is something that you gave if you want to receive it. I am not a kid and I am not intending you to send a message through all the cyberspace, all I was asking is if you could be so kind and notify the people that actually paid for your software that the jetways that they purchased are available to download...thanks a lot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 03:57:34 pm »
I'm still convinced that making a forum sticky thread that everyone can check at his own pace, it's best than sending emails to every purchaser.

Sending emails nowadays has become less and less reliable: a lot of the emails we sent to original purchasers of Honolulu to notify them of their discount option, have been lost for several reasons, from user changing email after the purchase, users that purchased PHNL with a fake email (or, simply mis-typed), users with their mailbox full, and aggressive anti-spam filters either on the user's end or the user's ISP end, that simply killed the email so, we had to re-send lots of emails to new address, and probably some users WILL miss their discount because of having to rely on emails.

And, a forum announcement it's also beneficial for potential purchasers (that will not get any email) that simply check the forum and want to know about potential problems and if and when they are solved.

And, we are also considering a "global FSDT updater", a software utility that will check all your installed FSDT products, notify you of updates and install them automatically, downloading only the single updated files, saving a lot of time/bandwidth/headaches to anyone so, when we'll have this ready, it should fit everybody's needs.

9Y-POS

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 05:01:21 pm »
I think you both make very compelling points but i do know many times i forget to check in at the many fora where i purchase stuff and low and behold an email appears in my inbox informing me of an update which i may have missed if it wasn't for that notification.
So i think doing them both should cover everyone, posting on the forum and sending email notifications, i know this is what CLS does and that way I'm always kept up to date.....Happiness!

Regards

Silverbird

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 07:49:45 pm »
Just wanted to point out that sometimes written words dont come out the right way sometimes,  in forums or chat rooms. its of course easier to hear someone explain things when you are hearing there voice. so some may mistaken them as being mean. its also different with everyone coming from all parts of the world I'm a terrible writer but if you talked to me over the phone its different lol.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

chusair

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 03:06:44 pm »
Umberto and please you do not have to reply back with a sarcasm or with an unnecessary rude reply as I perceive to receive every time I ask for something regardless the fact that I have purchased all your sceneries, the list can't be that long. We all do have a life, sometime busy and complicated with family and obligation, we purchased a product that is not completely, well you owe us as part of good customer relation practice to keep us inform as to when is that we will receive the complete corrected version of the product we purchased. You do an excellent job and you are extraordinarily talented and I honestly love all your sceneries but it is a "pain in the rear" to have to come to your page and try to find is there is or not an update, it is getting old...

777captain

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 07:56:41 pm »
Umberto and please you do not have to reply back with a sarcasm or with an unnecessary rude reply as I perceive to receive every time I ask for something regardless the fact that I have purchased all your sceneries, the list can't be that long. We all do have a life, sometime busy and complicated with family and obligation, we purchased a product that is not completely, well you owe us as part of good customer relation practice to keep us inform as to when is that we will receive the complete corrected version of the product we purchased. You do an excellent job and you are extraordinarily talented and I honestly love all your sceneries but it is a "pain in the rear" to have to come to your page and try to find is there is or not an update, it is getting old...

I honestly do not see where Umberto was rude to you.