Author Topic: Lihue texture problem !!  (Read 16617 times)

debutant

Lihue texture problem !!
« on: September 29, 2010, 05:23:00 pm »
Hello, today I downloaded and installed hawai Volume 1 and I have a problem with the texture of the ground tracks of the Lihue Airport! sorry for my English!

thank you in advance for your help.

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/fs920100929164650731600.jpg/

http://img186.imageshack.us/i/fs920100929164716711600.jpg/

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:38:00 pm by virtuali »

mda02rw

Re: Lihue texture problem !!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »
Hi

I got the same sort of problem when landing at the airport - the runway started to vanish in front of the plane and the tyres sank on the slipway until entering the parking area.. When I first explored the airport after purchasing it without taking off, there was a bump as I entered onto the runway and then again as I left it but at that time the runway was still visible.

I have checked and have no other AFCADs for this airport and have scenery set at default 19 with no mesh addons. Any ideas? Apart from that, superb scenery.

Regards
Rich

Silverbird

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
Hi

I got the same sort of problem when landing at the airport - the runway started to vanish in front of the plane and the tyres sank on the slipway until entering the parking area.. When I first explored the airport after purchasing it without taking off, there was a bump as I entered onto the runway and then again as I left it but at that time the runway was still visible.

I have checked and have no other AFCADs for this airport and have scenery set at default 19 with no mesh addons. Any ideas? Apart from that, superb scenery.

Regards
Rich

Rich which runway was it?
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:38:01 pm »
I have checked and have no other AFCADs for this airport and have scenery set at default 19 with no mesh addons

You mean the max vertex level in the FS9.CFG ? Try to set it at 21.

ChrisKLAS

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:38:30 pm »
I have the same elevation issue at PHLI. Haven't seen any texture problems because of it, but there's a noticeable "bump" (big enough to reset the aircraft trim to 0, so FS thinks it's a "crash") when entering either runway from the adjacent taxiways.

meshman

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 09:35:06 pm »
If the FS9 version is setup like the FSX version, both runways at PHLI show an elevation of 154.2' vs. 153' for any taxiways. Thus the drop or sudden "chirp" from the tires when exiting.

mda02rw

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 09:41:26 pm »
Hi

Runway 21 I think, had the buildings on the right and turn off right taxiway to the gates. I will try the 21 max vertex level.

Cheers
Rich

mda02rw

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:29:51 pm »
Hi

Yep landed again at runway 21 and the same happened...it did not happen when I took off from PHLI, circled and landed on 21, just when I come from another airport. I get the call out 500 then the texture ahead starts to blur as I get nearer and goes ahead of me down the runway. Sounds like a problem Mexsim had with their MMAA product (the picture in the forum is the same as I am getting). The max vertex has been set at 21.

Cheers
Rich

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 12:29:50 am »
Hi

Yep landed again at runway 21 and the same happened...it did not happen when I took off from PHLI, circled and landed on 21, just when I come from another airport. I get the call out 500 then the texture ahead starts to blur as I get nearer and goes ahead of me down the runway. Sounds like a problem Mexsim had with their MMAA product (the picture in the forum is the same as I am getting). The max vertex has been set at 21.

Cheers
Rich

I can also confirm the bump. As I was taxiing my little 732 onto rwy 3 at Lihue for my little photoshoot, it bumped up and got the smoke effects as well when it hit...

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 07:17:08 am »
[EDIT: UPLOADING PICTURE LINKS]

Should give you an idea. On short final everything is clear and about 10 seconds before touchdown, the threshhold turns grey and moves to the oppsite end of the runway as you touchdown, all textures dissapear. And the aircraft BUMPED hard when I turned off leaving a lot of smoke behind. Also, when I move eyepoint upwards ALL airport ground textures dissapear. When I move the eyepoint back down, they reapear...

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000
TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21
TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8
TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5
TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1
TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.5
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=5

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 07:54:50 am by newmanix »

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 09:34:05 am »
Thank's for the description.
Just for info what other package you have installed, apart UT, any mesh ?

debutant

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 11:41:30 am »
hello all, then I see that'm the only one having this problem! For my part, the problem is that I always put 21 or 19 it does not change! What should I do! :(

thank you all for your help

ChrisKLAS

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 04:17:40 pm »
Thank's for the description.
Just for info what other package you have installed, apart UT, any mesh ?

No mesh or UT here. Just stock FS9. Hadn't noticed the texture problem until last night when flying in from PHNL, as it seems to happen only when flying in from another airport. I still have the "bump down" off both runways (17/35, 3/21) in any instance.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 11:22:40 pm »
Hi Simbio!

In this area of the FS9 world is UT-USA, GE-PRO, FSG2010, and REX. Still working on the pictures to upload. I have a video if you want it. This is the first I noticed it as it was an actual flight and not slewing. I used Wilco CRJ direct from PHTO. newmanix
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:27:56 pm by newmanix »

rduda

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 12:13:48 am »
Hi Fabrizio,

because of the problems when flying into PHLI - I did some checks.

Your file for the airport (some would say AFCAD but you use ADE)  uses the FS-standard altitude from PHLI, 153ft.
This is (checking it with AFX) 46.634 m

Your LWM-Poly type 2 under the airport is a little bit deeper, 46.625 m
No problem when starting at the airport - the fs engine use your lwm-altitude.
But if you fly to an airport, the altitude from the other source (the standard ap-files or your AFCAD) is used.
And that leeds to the "flickering" and disappearing of your ground textures while and after landing around the plane.

Technical description of lwmpoly2: (terrain vector data.doc - FS2004-SDK)
struct LWMPoly2
{
    UINT8  bPointCount:6;   // Up to 62 points
    UINT8  bReserved:1;     // Must be 0
    UINT8  bAttrib:1;       // Polygon fill attribute, 0 = water, 1 = land
    SINT16 iHeight;         // Whole elevation value in meters
    UINT8  iFraction;       // Fractional elevation value in 1/128 meters
};

With lwmviewer I'm able to see your source is used (compiled) with the parameters 46 , 80 at the end,
this is 46m  + 80/128m = 46m + 0.625m = 46,625m

46,625 < 46,634 so the poly is underneath your AFCAD and the AFCAD-textures comes above when flying to the airport.

Could you please check this?

Ciao,
Rainer.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:17:24 am by rduda »
German Airports-, Sim-Wings- and AES-Betateam (and others...)