Author Topic: My Hawaii Shots. Love the scenery!  (Read 44773 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:53:36 am by virtuali »

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: My Hawaii Shots. Love the scenery!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 08:41:05 am »
DAMN I really love these small airports from FSDT. I really hope small airports will have more considerations in the future!

Anders Bermann

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55:30 pm »
Very nice shots, newmanix! :)

Regarding the FS9 talk; I only fly FS9 at the moment... partially due to the huge amount of addons I've bought for it over the years, and also because it furfills all the needs for me! Honestly, FSX doesn't really add anything FS9 can't give me at the moment - for me at least...

Also, I'm very surprised about what FS9 can deliver... Just look at FSDT's sceneries and the FS9 shots of Fligthbeam's KSFO scenery... just amazing IMO!

I just hope, that FSDreamTeam can (once again) use their amazing skills, and find a way to make FS9 airports... :) Of course I understand the business/economical aspects of their choices... But there's always hope... ;)

I honestly don't see FS9 as "a dying flightsim" - I still think it has a lot to offer... Granted the underlying technique is old (and perhaps outdated) - but many of the airports released (e.g sceneries by FlyTampa, FSDreamTeam, FlightBeam, Aerosoft etc) looks very realistic...

Just my opinion, thanks!
Best regards, Anders

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 08:17:02 pm »
Very nice shots, newmanix! :)

Regarding the FS9 talk; I only fly FS9 at the moment... partially due to the huge amount of addons I've bought for it over the years, and also because it furfills all the needs for me! Honestly, FSX doesn't really add anything FS9 can't give me at the moment - for me at least...

Also, I'm very surprised about what FS9 can deliver... Just look at FSDT's sceneries and the FS9 shots of Fligthbeam's KSFO scenery... just amazing IMO!

I just hope, that FSDreamTeam can (once again) use their amazing skills, and find a way to make FS9 airports... :) Of course I understand the business/economical aspects of their choices... But there's always hope... ;)

I honestly don't see FS9 as "a dying flightsim" - I still think it has a lot to offer... Granted the underlying technique is old (and perhaps outdated) - but many of the airports released (e.g sceneries by FlyTampa, FSDreamTeam, FlightBeam, Aerosoft etc) looks very realistic...

Just my opinion, thanks!

Well said and I agree!

The biggest thing for me at the moment is performance. I remember when FS9 first came out and the situation was similar. FS9 was just as difficult to get an affordable system that could run at optimum performance. Now that I have a flight sim that can do that all I need, I am happy. One on the few reasons I am not fully FSX yet is that I am still very happy with the performance and results I get. I have a lot of HEAVY system draining add-ons that run simultaneously and everything goes like clockwork. I also have FSX and I do enjoy it on a limited biases. FSX has a lot of visual quality and features fs9 does not. But the lack of performance is not worth the trade off. Thus I stick to VFR flying in FSX.

FS9 I enjoy on a completely unlimited biases. There are a lot of kids whose mommy and daddy purchases their toys for them and they think the world is free everything they get in life is free. So they have trouble understanding why so many people stick with FS9. They don’t understand rent, car notes, insurance, food etc. So they make comments like FS9 an outdated sim or only 12 people use it etc. That is how I know those are the kids. I don't have the luxury of calling up my mommy and saying "can you buy me KDFW please?" Although, I could...

The adults usually respond differently. At least most do. And keep in mind, FS is not my only hobby. When I got my $5,000 bonus earlier this year, yes, I could have purchased a new kick ass system. But I don’t mean my ass to get fat sitting in front of the computer all damn day. I have a life, I have other hobbies. Besides, I sit on my ass already 8 hours at work. So half went to the new computer and half went to my Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5. I spent a hundred dollars on FS add-ons this week alone. Am I aware the the mass population is leaving FS9? Yes. I do. Will I ever completely switch to FSX? Perhaps, same as I switched from FS2002 and the sim before that. But I am sure by the time I do, and I get that kickass system, everyone would have switched to Spaceship simulator 5050 and get on my case about still flying airplanes. And by then who knows... Aerosoft may have new simulation or Microsoft by 2011.

All I know, is FS9 is dependable. Runs great on my laptop too! And that it what’s important to me. And I will lobby for as many FS9 add-ons as I can because in the end, it's what keeps me happy. And I have nothing against FSX users. I don’t make stupid negative FSX comments only my experiences. At the moment, they both make my happy in their own ways... I play modern warefare2 and I play Counter Strike Source. One of the two is VERY old but I love them both as both are fun. Same in the FS world.

I wish the mouth running FSX users would understand that. I am only refering to the mouth runners. There are several FSX users that are very respectful. Bottom line is FSX users have nothing to loose here regarding FS9 development. They are getting their products. We all love the same hobby regardless of what sim you use. Even those who like X-Plane. The bottom line is we all love the same hobby and that should be enough for us to respect eachother.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:28:05 pm by newmanix »

skimmer

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 09:47:33 pm »
Your shots do look great newmanix. And I gotta say these smaller aiports RULE ;D you can bet that the sales will generate more production in near future for other places in the world of FSDT. ;)

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 12:51:18 am »
Am I the only one who finds it entertaining that 50% of these discussions go into an fsx/fs9 discussion.  I personally respect both parties (although I use fsx :P ), but this discussion has been exhausted in my opinion and all the arguments have been made, and now we are just rehashing the old arguments.  IDK, just my opinion

Which is a very valid opinion you have but when users make anti FS9 inflammatory comments out of the blue such as Mr. yankeesji, it does rally the people he is disrespecting. Which I am sure is more than 12.  ;)

Even if he's joking... The joke got old a very long time ago. I should be able to post my FS9 screenshots without having to read that. If someone wants to attack me personally. Cool. I'm not made of China, i'm not gonna break. But the FS9/X attacking is just damn old we have all had enough already.

Agreed, this forum should be about the pics you took (which in my opinion, were great ;) ), not about the flame war that is fs9 vs fsx

Silverbird

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 01:12:01 am »
Man you are on fire!! great shots newmanix how you like the cls 767?  :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 01:29:06 am »
Man you are on fire!! great shots newmanix how you like the cls 767?  :)

Um... well... It's a very good and simple aircraft but there are some major bugs they need to work out. The most recent is the VC lighting. At night, the dome light doesn't work and the gauges backlights don't work and the panel light is controlled by the landing light. So it's pratically darkness... There is I guess a temp fix but I dont have the energy for all the .CFG edits required and it still may not fix the issue...

I have my fantasy repaint in the works for it though.... it's not finished. Will be uploaded to Avsim soon...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:32:39 am by newmanix »

Silverbird

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 01:36:34 am »

Um... well... It's a very good and simple aircraft but there are some major bugs they need to work out. The most recent is the VC lighting. At night, the dome light doesn't work and the gauges backlights don't work and the panel light is controlled by the landing light. So it's pratically darkness... There is I guess a temp fix but I dont have the energy for all the .CFG edits required and it still may not fix the issue...

I have my fantasy repaint in the works for it though.... it's not finished. Will be uploaded to Avsim soon...

Very nice newmanix the livery is coming out really great! ;) well that kinda sucks damn bugs they are everywhere hopefully it gets fixed asap. its no fun flying in the dark lol, the 767 looks really good with the winglets.  :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 01:43:41 am »

Very nice newmanix the livery is coming out really great! ;) well that kinda sucks damn bugs they are everywhere hopefully it gets fixed asap. its no fun flying in the dark lol, the 767 looks really good with the winglets.  :)

It really is a very good product and I do recommend it. They just released another service pack today for other bugs. Hopefully the lights will get fixed soon too. I already did a PHNL-KPDX with it. A longer flight then normal but I wanted to use the PHNL as there were no other airports yet in the area..

SirIsaac726

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 02:31:19 am »
Even if he's joking... The joke got old a very long time ago.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. ;)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 05:48:56 am »
On a happy note, FS9's newest baby!!  :D Nice to see her still giving birth to sceneries and aircraft! iFLY to Hawaii! :D

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww184/newmanix/XX11.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww184/newmanix/XX12.jpg
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:53:53 am by virtuali »

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:26 am »
Ohh man, I love Ifly's 737NG. Great pict's  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

SirIsaac726

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 08:55:53 am »
Great shots!  That aircraft looks pretty amazing!

Does posting more icons of a little yellow face puckering his lips mean something special besides just doing one?

It was to emphasize how odd and absurd it was to use it in your posts. ;)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 04:51:58 pm »
Where did you get the United DC-10?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:54:51 pm by PUP4ORD »
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????