Author Topic: Error unsafe file  (Read 5279 times)

miguel

Error unsafe file
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:07:36 am »
Hi. Have been trying to download your latest for Hawaii. I keep getting message from Norton
about this is unsafe. I can't install. I see others have same problem. You write "Couatl.exe" from scanning. How does one do this? Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error unsafe file
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:20:01 am »

miguel

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 11:46:25 am »
It is good you reply swiftly. I still do no understand. You really did no answer my question. You send me to other posts in regard to thes topic. I do no understand about "Couati Exe".
I ask how DOES ONE EXCLUDE THES FROM SCANNING?  IS THIS THE PROBLEM THEN? ::) ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:04:21 pm »
I ask how DOES ONE EXCLUDE THES FROM SCANNING?  IS THIS THE PROBLEM THEN? ::) ::)

How it's actually made, changes for each and every antivirus out there. You should refer to your own antivirus documentation to know how to do it.

Some antivirus will ask you to specify the file by browsing its location, which is YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe, others will offer you the option to "whitelist" the file directly in the virus alert window without asking were it is.

Very few antivirus products do not offer any option to exclude files and, I'm sorry, but in this case you should really switch to a better antivirus because, not letting the user to exclude files from scanning, is a very bad design decision, which makes the users powerless against false positives.

If this is your case, I suggest switching to the Microsoft Security Essentials, which is very unintrusive, it's entirely free, it allows to exclude files from scanning, and it doesn't make the mistake of wrongly identifying any of our software as threats to begin with...