Author Topic: Virus warning.  (Read 6796 times)

WAD3

Virus warning.
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:42:55 am »
I keep getting a trojan hit on the Hawaii package. Win 32 and it's been quarantined by Norton and ad aware is blocking couatl.exe.

Can you tell me if there is a problem?

Andrew
Andrew

Silverbird

Re: Virus warning.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:48:48 am »
I keep getting a trojan hit on the Hawaii package. Win 32 and it's been quarantined by Norton and ad aware is blocking couatl.exe.

Can you tell me if there is a problem?

Andrew

Its not a virus its a false alert its part of the package couatl.exe is from fsdreamteam so its ok without couatl.exe u wont be able to do things in the scenery some virus programs are trigger happy. but Umberto will explain it better then me.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:51:40 am »
Usual problem with Norton, which often reports false positives. Just exclude the Couatl.exe file from scanning.

Are you really using Norton and Ad Aware as an antivirus, together ? Having two antivirus running at the same time will cause all sort of problems, and of course slowdowns.

WAD3

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 04:07:35 am »
Yes I have both. I had always used ad aware and then my ISP gives me Norton free so I have been trying it out. Havent used them together for that long. Maybe I will delete ad aware.

Thanks for the info I didnt really think it could be a virus since I have all your sceneries I have never had a problem but I just wanted to ask.

Thanks for another great package.

Andrew
Andrew

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 06:07:20 am »
Virtuali,

Congrads on the completion of all the recent releases...  8)
I do have a minor problem downloading, that has occured regularly...  :o  :(  Help! :'(

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:27:47 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:29:30 am »
I do have a minor problem downloading, that has occured regularly...  :o  :(  Help! :'(

There's nothing to say, other than your antivirus is wrong reporting a false positive.

Turn off the realtime protection when downloading and installing, and configure it to ignore the following files:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe

Before turning it back on.