Author Topic: Work in Progress / 01  (Read 102827 times)

chucky

Re: Work in Progress / 01
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 10:06:28 pm »
On the subject of FS9 versus FSX, can you put seasonal textures on your new ground layers?

Taking into account that KLAX doesn't have a very high seasonal variation, yes, we have a way in FSX (only) with the new ground method, to alter the grass color dynamicall depending on season (or weather/precipitation) without duplicating textures sets for each season.

Cool.  Thanks for the answer.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 11:39:24 pm »
That's ok, I can live without the having seasonal variations. I don't care as long you will make it for FS9 as well...  ;)

Is there even that big of a seasonal variation at LAX.  I mean when you get to the mountains and into higher elevations around the valley, sure, but I would think there wouldn't be much change near the coast line where KLAX is anyway.

camnegrete

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 09:07:56 pm »
Wow, it's looking great! But, would it be possible to do a bit of the airport surroundings?
Most importantly the 405 Freeway? After all, you guys are the DreamTeam!  ;D
pffffft
in n out.  that is all that is needed.

bradl

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 09:45:01 pm »
Wow, it's looking great! But, would it be possible to do a bit of the airport surroundings?
Most importantly the 405 Freeway? After all, you guys are the DreamTeam!  ;D
pffffft

You left out the Proud Bird. ;)

BL.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 12:52:30 am »

Thats why Microsoft made default scenery.  When I'm paying for it, I expect eye candy.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cybermasterz

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:20 pm »

Thats why Microsoft made default scenery.  When I'm paying for it, I expect eye candy.

That is exactly what I was saying. I would like to see not only the airport scenery, but also
outside the airport! The best example of this is FlyTampa's sceneries (I'm not trying
to make any comparisons).

yea you are right
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

windshear

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »
I wish people could let the producers create the best software possible, look at the results and then judge them.
I think pre/under production criticism of creative strategies are over the top arrogant and impolite.

FSDreamteam please move on... Do what ever you seem fit to produce the best LAX possible  ;)
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

TouchandGoFilms

• Touch and Go Films
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 12:03:27 am »
We would have progressed much further, if there was no FS9 market to deal with.
- virtuali

SO NOT TRUE!!!

You make some extra sales in FS2004.  The market is NOT getting smaller, and us FS9 enthusiasts (those without $6,000 to spend for a new computer) love to see quality products, like yours, still coming for the older sims.  You know for a fact you make at LEAST 5 sales.  AT THE VERY LEAST!  Its not like it costs anything to make it for FS2004 too?  Your not losing ANY money on that.  I hope that your statement does not mean you are dis-continuing your products for FS2004, because I know at least 50 - 100 people that are going to be very upset if you are.  FS2004 is not a dieing sim, and I will wager anyone who wants to challenge me that my FS2004 looks "out-dated."

Thanks for your time in reading my rant :)

(Sorry if this was offensive in any way)
Slade Mitchell
Owner of Touch and Go Films
www.touchandgofilms.com

FLIGHTCOMPANY

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 12:33:41 am »
We would have progressed much further, if there was no FS9 market to deal with.
- virtuali

SO NOT TRUE!!!

You make some extra sales in FS2004.  The market is NOT getting smaller, and us FS9 enthusiasts (those without $6,000 to spend for a new computer) love to see quality products, like yours, still coming for the older sims.  You know for a fact you make at LEAST 5 sales.  AT THE VERY LEAST!  Its not like it costs anything to make it for FS2004 too?  Your not losing ANY money on that.  I hope that your statement does not mean you are dis-continuing your products for FS2004, because I know at least 50 - 100 people that are going to be very upset if you are.  FS2004 is not a dieing sim, and I will wager anyone who wants to challenge me that my FS2004 looks "out-dated."

Thanks for your time in reading my rant :)

(Sorry if this was offensive in any way)

+100000, And watch all these guys come out of know where with their...
"computer these days can run FSX for under $600"
"FSX Has better graphics"
excuses

Please, FS9 can looks just as good as FSX with a $200 computer running at Maximum settings...

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 12:46:00 am »
oh do I love this flame war :)

TouchandGoFilms

• Touch and Go Films
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 01:18:59 am »
Hey now, I was NOT trying to start anything, I was defending my point to the developers in hopes to get them considering their options...
Slade Mitchell
www.touchandgofilms.com

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 01:43:22 am »
Please, FS9 can looks just as good as FSX with a $200 computer running at Maximum settings...

Now that my friends is something I would like to see.

I think if that were the case NO ONE would be running FSX.

If you can make FS9 look like this video below, then I will sell my FSX computer tomorrow, go to Best Buy and find a cheap $200 rig and install FS9 and every available scenery on it and never look back.

BTW, a $6000 computer is not needed and this has been hashed out over and over. I'm running a $2000 system I had built 2 years ago that's got a E8400 overclocked to 3.85ghz and can fly pretty much anywhere I want in complex airliners into complex airports and suffer no issues, and that's running pretty high settings in FSX.

01pewterz28

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 03:03:01 am »
FSDT keep us FS9 users going :)

Sean

TouchandGoFilms

• Touch and Go Films
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 06:16:00 am »
Granted, I am ready for everyone to say "THIS DOESNT LOOK AS GOOD AS FSX!"... Thats just cuz your jealous of my FS2004 ;)

I think I made my point.  So I will NOT post any more pictures, because this is not a forum where users are to be posting pictures.  But, there is your proof, accept it, or deny it, no matter what, I know you think they look better than you thought...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:31:51 am by TouchandGoFilms »
Slade Mitchell
www.touchandgofilms.com

yankeesji

Work in Progress / 01
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 08:10:05 am »
Granted, I am ready for everyone to say "THIS DOESNT LOOK AS GOOD AS FSX!"... Thats just cuz your jealous of my FS2004 ;)

I think I made my point.  So I will NOT post any more pictures, because this is not a forum where users are to be posting pictures.  But, there is your proof, accept it, or deny it, no matter what, I know you think they look better than you thought...
Great edits!