Author Topic: Work in Progress / 01  (Read 102852 times)

cybermasterz

Re: Work in Progress / 01
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 08:34:42 pm »
well here is a video on the future project for Los Angles International Airport

http://www.lawa.org/uploadedimages/lax/video/PC111708/index.html

or you can find at here too http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=1778

on the right side pic of video click on it :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:36:33 pm by cybermasterz »
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

chucky

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 12:20:31 am »
They basically said if they can do an FS9 version to their standards, they'll release it.  ;)

Yes, but we need to rehash this in every topic.

On the subject of FS9 versus FSX, can you put seasonal textures on your new ground layers?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:25 am »
On the subject of FS9 versus FSX, can you put seasonal textures on your new ground layers?

Taking into account that KLAX doesn't have a very high seasonal variation, yes, we have a way in FSX (only) with the new ground method, to alter the grass color dynamicall depending on season (or weather/precipitation) without duplicating textures sets for each season.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 10:35:06 am »
Taking into account that KLAX doesn't have a very high seasonal variation, yes, we have a way in FSX (only) with the new ground method, to alter the grass color dynamicall depending on season (or weather/precipitation) without duplicating textures sets for each season.

That's interesting I didn't know that.

Does KDFW have this buiilt into it as well? Here in Dallas we get a lot more seasonal change in vegitation and color during different times of the year than a place like LA or Miami does. In fact, it gets pretty damn cold here in the winter and we had close to record snow fall last year. It usually doesn't snow that much, but in the fall and winter all the grass dies and all the vegitation turns brown and yellow. I hadn't tested KDFW yet in the winter in the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 10:43:16 am »
Does KDFW have this buiilt into it as well?

No, it doesn't. The system we are putting in place for KLAX is already more advanced than KDFW. We don't rest on our laurels...

No, we are not planning an update for KDFW, because it would require redoing all the ground from scratch and, at KDFW, it would impact too much on the fps, considering the huge area (KLAX is about half size of KDFW)

cybermasterz

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 11:49:49 am »

what does it mean not for fs9 for fsx only :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 11:55:47 am »
what does it mean not for fs9 for fsx only

That the method of having seasonal variations without having 4x the number of textures, doesn't apply in FS9, because it requires shaders materials, which FS9 doesn't support in any case. Which means, IF there will be an FS9 version, it will be one season only.

cybermasterz

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 12:23:28 pm »

That the method of having seasonal variations without having 4x the number of textures, doesn't apply in FS9, because it requires shaders materials, which FS9 doesn't support in any case. Which means, IF there will be an FS9 version, it will be one season only.

ok no problem :(

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 12:44:16 pm »
No, it doesn't. The system we are putting in place for KLAX is already more advanced than KDFW. We don't rest on our laurels...

LOL, that's good to hear, but at the rate you guys are advancing all the older FSX airports you have done like ORD and JFK are going to seem obsolete compared to the newer ones. Knowing what you know now, I wonder how much more efficient, FPS wise, airports like JFK and ORD would be if they were done like DFW and LAX?

No, we are not planning an update for KDFW, because it would require redoing all the ground from scratch and, at KDFW, it would impact too much on the fps, considering the huge area (KLAX is about half size of KDFW)

No problem, I wasn't even going to ask, lol. It looks good the way it is and beside the fact, a lot of use MegaScenery Dallas with it, which doesn't have seasonal variations anyway.

tanker49

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 01:16:55 pm »
TO THE FS DREAM TEAM:

I live in Los Angeles, so, I'm obviously excited about a new LAX.  I don't known where you guys are located, but I just bought a Nikon digital SLR camera, and I'd be happy to take airport pictures where needed (assuming, of course, that I can get access).  It goes without saying that I love your stuff.  Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 01:21:08 pm »

ok no problem :(

That's ok, I can live without the having seasonal variations. I don't care as long you will make it for FS9 as well...  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Dimon

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 01:21:48 pm »

Why not? You're in a business for making profit. If GM or Ford may use one chassis for various models, why FSDT cannot use one standard for various airports. I have no problems at all if KLAX will be built with a quality comparable to KDFW.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »
Seriously, how much time do U spend in airports in FS? maybe 10 to 20 min and then you are flying right? So why are we talking so much about some special effects?  The "standard" look of DTW, ORD and FLL are good enough for me..  :)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Silverbird

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 02:52:58 pm »

Why not? You're in a business for making profit. If GM or Ford may use one chassis for various models, why FSDT cannot use one standard for various airports. I have no problems at all if KLAX will be built with a quality comparable to KDFW.

Dimon it takes to much time updating other scenerys too the standard of klax, and you know that time cost money really sucks!  honestly if anyone wins the lotto or has a couple million bucks I know were its going too fsdreamteam lol. it would have been cool if jfk and maybe even kord were updated in fsx with the shaders.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 03:16:01 pm »
If GM or Ford may use one chassis for various models, why FSDT cannot use one standard for various airports.

That's not a fair comparison. Cars are made with common parts to save manufacturing costs. In what we do, using always the same *methods* doesn't save much time, except for time spent learning them, but that is a very small part compared to doing the actual modeling. And, once a scenery is released, the method used doesn't affect much "production" costs, as in  case of industrial products. On the opposite, sales would instead decrease if users would notice too many reused elements from a scenery to another one.

I have no problems at all if KLAX will be built with a quality comparable to KDFW.

If we want to continue to stay on top of things, each scenery should be constantly better than the previous one. Especially with FSX, there's stil A LOT of potential waiting to be used, and we are just scratching the surface. We would have progressed much further, if there was no FS9 market to deal with.