Author Topic: AI traffic at Hawaii  (Read 5190 times)

miguel

AI traffic at Hawaii
« on: September 27, 2010, 05:35:30 am »
Have your scenery. I now have problem with the no traffic there. I have Traffi X and that is all.
I have no shadow. Is there something to help me out with this? Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI traffic at Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:31:34 am »
Surely not a problem of the scenery.

If you already have "Airplane cast shadows on ground" set OFF (needed only if your AI package is using FS9 models), check you don't have a double traffic.bgl in your scenery folder.

And, be sure to remove any AFCAD for PHNL that is coming with your traffic package, if it comes with one.

miguel

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:48:51 pm »
There is some problem somewhere. I still have no Ai at airport. I see 2 aircraft. I have no double bgls etc,etc. I am using Traffic X and they have given me tech support. I now have traffic at other airports (loads) but your Honolulu is sitting empty. I'm using windows vista. I have no other Ai package running on my computer. Thank you for your help. ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 10:35:44 pm »
I still have no Ai at airport. I see 2 aircraft.

2 aircraft it's not the same as "no AI". As I've said, if *some* of the AI are not FSX native models, you have to turn the "Airplane Cast Shadows" option OFF. Maybe you see only those that are FSX native models.

If it's not the airplane shadows, it might be caused by another AFCAD, which is probably coming with your AI Traffic package, that is made for the default PHNL, so it won't work with the addon airport. Use the free FSX Airport scanner to find any duplicates.

Another reason why too few AI appears, is that your AI models might have been programmed with unusual radiuses (it's inside their .MDL files so, it's nothing you can change easily), which was a popular AI technique several years ago, when there was no airline assignement possible, other than playing with radiuses, but it's no used anymore. But if some of your AI models are made this way, they might not appear at an airport programmed with realistic parking radius and airline parking assignments.

And of course, PHNL should be on top of the Scenery Library, which is were its installer put it by default.