Author Topic: Texture Bleedthrough  (Read 6227 times)

speedbird0001

Texture Bleedthrough
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:42:57 pm »
Hi,

I've been having this issue since the original purchase and can't seem to figure out a fix for it. The north and south part of the airport is green in color as if it's all grass but you can still see the runway markings. I have uninstalled and installed the new version 2 but still have the same issue. The only addon I have that could affect it would be GEX. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Texture Bleedthrough
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:48:05 pm »
Have you set the Mesh Resolution to 10m/pixel and the Mesh complexity at 100, as suggested on the manual ?

Also, you might confusing bleedthrough with bad texture filtering. Try to set your video card control panel to force the Anisotropic filtering at 16x.

speedbird0001

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:57:11 pm »
Yes I have the mesh resolution set at 10m/pixel and mesh complexity at 100. I will have to try and set my video cadrs settings and let you know. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Keith
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:01:23 pm by speedbird0001 »

speedbird0001

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »
I thought maybe it was set too low but it is at 16X Antistrphic Filtering.

speedbird0001

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:53:47 pm »
Here's a screenshot to help. I get this in all views. In spot view if I pan around I can sometimes get the normal textures.

Thanks,
Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 09:53:40 am »
That effect shown in your screenshot it's not a bleed through, and that texture is not our grass texture. It might be another addon (you said you have GEX), has replaced the default runway textures and the default shaders, or both ? Can you disabled it momentarily, to verify if this is the case ?

speedbird0001

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 05:21:07 pm »
Did some trial and error, disabling addons and reenabling them to no avail. I then went to my video card settings and finally found the problem (i think). In my ATI control panel I had AA mode set to Adaptive Multisample. I raised it to Super Sample and the problem disappeared. Unfortunatly frame rates were horrendous. Then I lowered it to just Multi Sample AA and all is well. Will let you know if the problem comes up again. Thanks again for you help!! Your products are the best! Maybe a Canadian airport next ;)

Cheers,
Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 05:36:53 pm »
In my ATI control panel I had AA mode set to Adaptive Multisample. I raised it to Super Sample and the problem disappeared.

Ok, sorry, this was already discussed on the forum. Yes, on the ATI cards, that AAA should be off. It's also mentioned on the manual, if you have the latest version of it.