Author Topic: mesh compatability questions...  (Read 7307 times)

smokeyupahead

mesh compatability questions...
« on: September 07, 2010, 11:41:49 pm »
Hi how can I get your Dallas to work with megacity Dallas?
And what about fsgenesis with your New York...?

Thank you,
David Di Domizio
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

smokeyupahead

Re: mesh compatability questions...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:14:55 pm »
Did I post this in the right forum?

Since I have not recieved an answer yet I guess it might be...?

David Di Domizio
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:00:19 pm »
I don't really understand your question: do you have KDFW and saw specific issue with those sceneries and, if yes, which scenery and which issue ?

Or, you haven't installed it yet, and are just enquiring if they work together ? In this case, you can simply download the Trial and try for yourself.  We haven't heard any specific issues so far but, thanks to the Trial, you can check on your system.

smokeyupahead

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 09:36:51 am »
Thanks for getting back to me.

I have all of your sceneries already,I tried to install megacity Dallas with your scenery but I don't actually see the mesh around KDFW,it's still default terrain.

I also bought fsgenesis New York and installed it to use with KJFK.But same thing happened there meaning the terrain around the airport is default.

Your seneries work great,I was just wondering if you knew of a special configuration to get them (KDFW and KJFK)to work togheter with their respective mesh.

David Di Domizio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:35:00 am »
From your description, I'm not sure if we agree on what a mesh is: a mesh it's just the database that controls the ground elevation, it's doesn't have anything to do with the texture representation.

Since KDFW is a fairly flat area, it would be difficult to see much differences with an addon mesh so, if you are sayig that around the airport is all default scenery, could be you are refering to the photorealistic addon scenery that is missing, and not really the mesh ?

In any case, I don't see why an addon photoreal scenery wouldn't work together with KDFW, as long as you keep KDFW on Top of it in the Scenery Library, which is the general rule that is valid for every airport, that airports should always be on top of large photoreal sceneries.

smokeyupahead

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 12:24:52 pm »
Hi megacity isn't mesh,fsgenesis is.But I don't even see that.

I'll check if your airport is at top of list in the library and get back to you...

Thanks,
David Di Domizio

smokeyupahead

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 09:54:22 pm »
Hi I installed megacity dallas which is not mesh and your scenery is on top in the library...I give up!

David Di Domizio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 10:29:28 pm »
Hi I installed megacity dallas which is not mesh and your scenery is on top in the library...I give up!

You mean you don't see anything of the photoreal scenery ?

smokeyupahead

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 11:24:09 pm »
I did see a difference when I uninstalled megacity,the default textures are better than the "photoreal scenery"!!!

The textures are blurred and they are not even close to anything photoreal!I think that is what megacity actually looks like in fs9 and I might have realized that I just wasted my money for nothing!

I have all video settings maxed out,your scenery has really nice ground textures and I would like a suggestion for buying some good quality terrain textures for this area..Do you know of any good ones?

Well thank you for your help but I think I did install them correctly and just tought I had not for how bad they actually looked in the sim.

Thanks again,
David