Author Topic: No new lights!! with new update **solved**  (Read 4343 times)

laxclipper

No new lights!! with new update **solved**
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:24:40 pm »
Hello,

I just installed the new update and noticed on the taxi line between gates 111 and 110 there is a small gap. However the gap is not my concern I can live with that since it no longer causes a bump to the plane, but my concern is that I had to keep zooming-in to be able to see the taxi lines as well as the taxi lights. I was fine right before the markers for the gates 111-110 but as i got closer to the runway (18L) if i did not keep zooming-in the taxi lines and lights would not be there. Then when I got to the runway the area where the new light system goes the taxilines were missing and no new light system... Is any one else having this problem?

Thank you

Edgar
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:03:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No new lights!! with new update
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:05:36 pm »
What do you mean by "zooming in" ? Does it work if you use normal zoom levels, like from 0.70 and above ? It's just normal you wouldn't see all details at wider zoom angles, because of the LOD optimization.

laxclipper

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 09:45:59 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply, What I mean is that I have my zoom level adjusted at the gate to what I know works. I started to taxi at a zoom level where I was able to see taxi lines and lights but when i got closer to gates 110 and 111 as i was on my way to 18L I had to keep zooming in to see the taxi line or lights. when I got to runway 18L the new light system was not there.

But I did not see the new light system...

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:06:22 am by laxclipper »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:57:37 pm »
when I got to runway 18L the new light system was not there.

I'm not sure if you really understood how they work. If you mean the THL (Takeoff Hold Lights), you are not supposed to see anything, unless there's an AI on the runway area from the THL position (see the map in the manual) up to the other end of the runway. If there's no AI on that area, there will be no lights displayed.

But why the change when every thing was fine

?? we haven't changed anything on the visibility ranges in this version.

laxclipper

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 03:08:59 am »
Virtuali,

Forget what i posted... The lights work just as described that's pretty cool... There is that little gap there between those gates on the taxi lines.

Thank you very much for the Wonderful airport.

Sincerely

Edgar

You can change this to Resolved.