Author Topic: Umberto please read **solved**  (Read 5335 times)

Dicko

Umberto please read **solved**
« on: September 04, 2010, 01:24:21 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I installed KDFW a little while ago and had terrible flashing and bleeding of textures from above the airport. I installed the latest UK2000 Heathrow V2 and had similar issueswith flashing and bleeding. Gary Summons, the Developer addressed this issues by offering an update which allowed the user to choose to install FSX coded ground textures or non coded FSX ground textures. I installed the old ground textures and flashing and bleeding textures were completely eliminated!.
http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=6205.0
Any chance you could offer something like as an option with your airports?
Also, is Dallas the only Airport with the FSX coded ground textures?

Thanks

Andrew Dixon
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:03:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Umberto please read
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:26:43 pm »
You probably meant FS9 textures. Sorry, no, using FS9 texture would degrade fps in a way the scenery would become unusable, and while it might be ok for smaller airports (almost *everything* in the world is smaller than KDFW, I'm refering to the scenery area), it won't work at KDFW.

In any case, we have remade the ground code, in order to not being dependant on Simconnect, thus being a victim of other addons that saturate the Simconnect pipe with too many commands. This will come in the 2.0 version which will include the RWSL lights and, the only other one user (beside you) that had flickering due to Simconnect (cmpbllsjc) that received the scenery for testing a few days ago, said the problem disappeared.

We will probably release the update tomorrow

Dicko

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 01:06:55 am »

Umberto,

That's great news!
I am thinking of purchasing KJFK and would like to kmow whether the ground code for this airport is dependant on simconnect. If it is not I will purchase the airport.

Thanks

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 02:13:34 am »
I am thinking of purchasing KJFK and would like to kmow whether the ground code for this airport is dependant on simconnect. If it is not I will purchase the airport.

First, as with all our products, you can test the scenery yourself before purchasing, since it's sold in Trial version.

KDFW is the only scenery that use Simconnect for ground, but this is going to change with version 2.0, without any effect on its appearance.

Dicko

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:04:46 am »
Good news Umberto,
The V2 update has completely eliminated the flashing and bleeding textures. Very happy!!!! obviously it had something to do with simconnect.
I have also updated the post I started on the PMDG Forum.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/292351-good-airport-scenery-packages/
Thanks again.

Andrew

PS Just bought KJFK
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:35:58 am by Dicko »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 01:00:52 pm »
I'm glad all your issues were fixed. KDFW is a "bleeding edge" scenery so, we exected potential issues with other addons, but it should be fixed now.