Author Topic: KORD had grass on the taxi way. MegaCity Earth Chicago may be the problem  (Read 6048 times)

Psolov

Hi All,

I have been having a problem with the FSDT KORD X where the taxiways are green and apparantly have some sort of overlapping textures. After some experimentation it appears to be a clash between MegaScenery Earth Chicago and FSDT KORD. When the default ORD is used in conjunction with Megascenery chicago, there were no issues. Likewise, when FSDT KORD was used with no megacity earth chicago, also no issues. Only trouble was when Megacity Earth and FSDT ORD were used together. Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix? Thanks in advance for any help. I am using FSX Deluxe with Windows 7 64.

Cheers, Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD had grass on the taxi way. MegaCity Earth Chicago may be the problem
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 05:38:49 pm »
Since Megascenery Chicago works with KORD, and Megascenery Earth Chicago doesn't, I'd say they should provide a fix for the latter, I'm don't really know the difference between the two: do they have different coverage ? Or resolution ? Do they come with a mesh ?

Psolov

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 06:18:47 pm »
Since Megascenery Chicago works with KORD, and Megascenery Earth Chicago doesn't, I'd say they should provide a fix for the latter, I'm don't really know the difference between the two: do they have different coverage ? Or resolution ? Do they come with a mesh ?

Thanks for responding. The product is actually called Megascenery Earth Lake Michigan. It is photo real scenery that covers the entire Chicagoland area (made by PC Aviator), from Northwest Indiana almost as far out as Rockford, Illinois. Since I can't live without my FSDT KORD, I would have to uncheck the Megascenery. When you say Megascenery Chicago, are your refering to Aerosoft's Chicago scenery (which I have as well)? I am a bit confused since I have not heard of the megascenery chicago. I apologize also for misnaming the scenery since it technically makes no reference to Chicago but just Lake Michigan. I was sort of curious as to whether others had also has this problem.

Cheers, Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:00 pm »
I am a bit confused since I have not heard of the megascenery chicago.

You mentioned it here:

When the default ORD is used in conjunction with Megascenery chicago

Only trouble was when Megacity Earth and FSDT ORD were used together

I was thinking they were two different products, since you first called it Megascenery, then Megacity...it's only one scenery, then ?

In any case, the most important question is, does it come with a mesh ? If yes, it might be enough disabling it by removing the relevant .BGL in their folder.

If there's no mesh, I can't think of issue, as long our KORD is ON TOP of the photoreal scenery in the Scenery Library

Psolov

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:54:59 pm »
I definitely made things a bit harder with my original post and I do apologize for that. Should I simply uninstall and reinstall the FSDT KORD, and if so, will that reorder the scenery priority? Also, how would I go about removing the bgl files you mentioned?

Thanks Again, Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:18:10 pm »
will that reorder the scenery priority?

You can do without reinstalling, just go to the Scenery Library, and move the KORD area on top of everything else.

Also, how would I go about removing the bgl files you mentioned?

Don't have any idea, I don't even know if that product comes with a mesh or not, I never seen it...you better ask to their user support.

Psolov

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:51:05 pm »
will that reorder the scenery priority?

You can do without reinstalling, just go to the Scenery Library, and move the KORD area on top of everything else.

Also, how would I go about removing the bgl files you mentioned?

Don't have any idea, I don't even know if that product comes with a mesh or not, I never seen it...you better ask to their user support.

Thanks for your help!