Author Topic: aircraft shadow problem  (Read 3767 times)

waltari

aircraft shadow problem
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:01 pm »
Hallo FsDreamteam,
first of all I would like to thank you for your great addon airports. So far I purchased kord, klas, phnl and I'm very satisfied...
But I have the little problem. My aircraft (default, payware) don't casts shadow on the ground. In the game settings is "aircraft casts shadow on the ground" checked, but when I load the airport, shadow is gone and in the settings is "aircraft cast shadow on the ground" unchecked automaticly..Any suggestion?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: aircraft shadow problem
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:09:56 am »
Be sure that you do the following:

- If you are at KDFW, set the aircraft shadow option to "on", when you are on ground

- Exit from FSX cleanly, otherwise the option is not saved to the FSX.CFG, then restart.

Don't use KDFW as a test because, when inside KDFW, the option is automatically turned on/off depending on your ground altitude. The reason why it does that, is really long to explain but, that's how it supposed to work.

Outside KDFW,  the option will not be touched but, you need to be sure that FSX had a chance to exit cleanly and save your preference in the FSX.CFG, provided you saved the preference either when you are on ground (if placed at KDFW) OR anywhere, if outside KDFW.