Author Topic: Not installed but saying it is!  (Read 7149 times)

Opa

Not installed but saying it is!
« on: September 11, 2010, 02:32:04 pm »
Discovered a strange issue this morning.

I do not (and never have) have FSDreamteam KLAS installed on my FS2004 setup.  However when I start at KLAS, I get the message that the trial time has started.  I do have another (freeware) KLAS installed and yours does seem to be displaying (at least partially) somehow as it blocks out a part of the other enhancement until the "trial" time expires - then everything is back to normal.

I do have KDFW and KORD (with the latest update) from you folks installed (purchased versions).

I have searched my HD for anything from FSdreamteam which might be related to KLAS but find nothing.

Any ideas?  I am stumpted.  Hope you can help.

UPDATE:

I believe I found the problem!

In my KDFW scenery subfolder was a file named KLAS_parte1SFND.bgl

I removed it and KLAS displays normally now.

How it got there is a mystery unless it was accidently included in the original KDFW download package.  I only found it in the FS2004 version.

Hope that info may help someone else who has the same issue.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:31:08 pm by Opa »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not installed but saying it is!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:30:36 am »
You are not using the current KDFW version, because that file was included by accident in the first release, but is no longer there in the version that is online now.

Opa

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:49:53 am »
You are not using the current KDFW version, because that file was included by accident in the first release, but is no longer there in the version that is online now.

Since I have it working now - both in FS2004 and FSX - is there any reason I should DL the "current" version and try to install it? If so, what is the correct procedure to have the "current" version replace what I now have?

It seems to be good now - just thought there might be some other "issues" which were addressed in the current version. The AI problem which initially was there was solved with a different afcad.

Please advise.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 12:28:46 pm »
You should at least install the update, because it includes many other smaller fixes. The KLAS_parte1SFND.bgl issue is already fixed since you removed the file manually.

Opa

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:11:45 pm »
You should at least install the update, because it includes many other smaller fixes. The KLAS_parte1SFND.bgl issue is already fixed since you removed the file manually.

Thank you sir - it is a real pleasure doing business with you guys!