Author Topic: Don't hold your breath waiting for AES  (Read 7135 times)

B777ER

Don't hold your breath waiting for AES
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:30:05 pm »
Looks like it will be some time before we ever see DFW with AES. Oliver's post - "Based on the situation, that one user has posted here internal information, the user is banned no, AES is delayed for undefined time (until I have changed the internal process) and this thead is closed. At this moment, I think it's time for a longer break regarding AES"
Eric

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Don't hold your breath waiting for AES
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:03:09 pm »
I think that was just a heat of the moment post, once Oliver has a day or two to cool down, he'll realize how much of his daily bread and butter comes from AES users.  I wonder how many users even saw that internal information that got posted.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ESzczesniak

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:59 pm »
While it may delay AES, perhaps it will also provide a chance to "re-work" the program.  I love it, but there are many different capabilities now that FSX is coming in to play.  I must admit, the only aspect of AES that I feel I use now are pushback and to some small extent the service vehicles (which I rarely see since I'm in the cockpit pushing buttons).  A rework to accomadate FSX native jetway animations (hopefully to be improved upon), native pushback tugs with new models/textures and such could really put AES back to the top of a must have list for FSX.  Perhaps even options for the fuel truck to actually refuel, etc.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:31:37 pm »
While it may delay AES, perhaps it will also provide a chance to "re-work" the program.  I love it, but there are many different capabilities now that FSX is coming in to play.  I must admit, the only aspect of AES that I feel I use now are pushback and to some small extent the service vehicles (which I rarely see since I'm in the cockpit pushing buttons).  A rework to accomadate FSX native jetway animations (hopefully to be improved upon), native pushback tugs with new models/textures and such could really put AES back to the top of a must have list for FSX.  Perhaps even options for the fuel truck to actually refuel, etc.

Since it has been out for 6 or 7 years now, I still have yet to try AES. I know a lot of people swear by it, but frankly there seem to be a lot of things about it, that aside from using when taking screen shots, dont seem like things I would use.

I am not so sure I would use the follow me car. In fact do many airports even use follow me cars anymore? The service vehicles would be cool looking for screen shots, but if you stay in the cockpit you wont even see them. If I ever try AES I think the only thing that would be useful would be the marshallers and push back, then again FSX already includes push back tugs.

It seems like AES is probably better suited for FS9 use than for FSX, but since they have a free file to make GibraltarX work for free I will still probably give it a shot one of these days and see how I like it.

duckbilled

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:20:31 pm »
I think that was just a heat of the moment post, once Oliver has a day or two to cool down, he'll realize how much of his daily bread and butter comes from AES users.  I wonder how many users even saw that internal information that got posted.

I didn't see what was posted - just the aftermath.

What was posted that caused such a stir? Not a detailed description, just a general idea.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:11:47 am »
///If I ever try AES I think the only thing that would be useful would be the marshallers and push back, then again FSX already includes push back tugs...

I agree that in FSX, AES is far from what it was in FS9.  The marshallers are ok, but most of the nice aftermarket airport have docking systems.  The only thing that I find of any real use form AES in FSX is a realistic pushback path.  The FSX pushback tugs only do the MSFS backwards and 90 degree turns.  AES will pushback along a realistic path on to a realistic position on the taxi way without doing anything more than saying "start pushback".  This part I like very much.  The rest isn't terribly useful in FSX.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 02:46:58 pm »
...since they have a free file to make GibraltarX work for free...

Oliver added Gibralter after the release of 2.07, but are you sure it's a free airport to activate?  If you just want to test it out, there is one default airport available.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

777captain

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 02:43:31 am »

I didn't see what was posted - just the aftermath.

What was posted that caused such a stir? Not a detailed description, just a general idea.

Apparently some idiot with nothing better to do decided to post some crack for AES on the aerosoft forum that they had discovered in order to get an unlimited amount of credits, and the only way for Oliver to prevent these cheapskate idiots from doing this again, or using the same hack/crack would be to re-code the whole AES code system.