Author Topic: Jetways, Tower View and AI Traffic  (Read 6865 times)

jonmurchison

Jetways, Tower View and AI Traffic
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:12:10 pm »
Hi,

I'm currently putting the final touches on a review I am doing for AVSIM for ZürichX and have come across a few glitches I wanted to ask you about.

I note when I use the FSX Default 737-800 that when I park at some gates using the Safe Gate, and stop when advised too, the jetway then overstretches to reach the front door leaving a gap (see below) Is there a problem with the parking?

The second question also relate to the jetways and their front wheels and the stairs that extend disappear into the ground, once again this seems to be an issue with the default FSX 737.

I note the Tower view appears to be between 300-800 feet in the air, can you confirm and will this be fixed.

Lastly, I have observed AI traffic occasionally using both ends of the same runway for takeoff's any ideas why this would be the case?

Thanks.

Jon Murchison
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Jetways, Tower View and AI Traffic
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 08:26:02 pm »
Hi Jon,

Tks for the info, the problem of jetway is due to stop too far from finger, is planned a correction on next update for the stop signal on safegate.

To answer at your second question, the problem is present on all Jetway created with IK from FSX SDK, to demostrate this here two picture of standard FSX jetway.

For the tower view, yes, there is a error on code (agl/sml altitude) on this post there is a new BGl with the correct altitude and the possibility to call a fuel truck (this bgl is present on next update).

Regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jonmurchison

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:40:00 am »
Thanks very much for your prompt reply, the update works a treat!

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:53:10 am »
Thank you for this updated ".BGL" file before the official update.  ;)

I must say as a customer/aviator; who has purchased and now used this airport scenery over a dozen times; it mirrors the real class B environments that I visit regularily.  This is the first time that I was actually fooled into believing that I was at an airport in this FS game. What will it take to make you guys do this for all MS' FS Airports; if not for this version, then the next FS?

Thank you again.  I look forward to your other product posts.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams