Author Topic: Blackened spaces on scenery at terminal D **solved**  (Read 20011 times)

phenocom

Blackened spaces on scenery at terminal D **solved**
« on: August 28, 2010, 01:53:39 am »
The front of terminal D is blackened and the elevated train tracks are nothing but a black line.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:28:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Blackened spaces on scenery at terminal D
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »
That's terminal C, and there's nothing wrong with it. The black color is supposed to be the shadow of the train tracks. Your problem is that the whole track is missing.

Check the following:

- You have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl-powered product" menus under the Addons menu.

- You shouldn't run FSX in "XP compatibility mode" under Vista or Win7

phenocom

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »
I do have both Couati powered products and addon manager in the addons menu of FSX. How do I check to see that FSX is not running in XP compatibility mode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 09:24:24 pm »
Right click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility"

phenocom

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 01:39:41 am »
I checked and the box is definitely unchecked. So I am not running FSX in XP Compatibility mode. What else could be causing the disappearance of the train tracks?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 10:42:19 am »
What else could be causing the disappearance of the train tracks?

Nothing, because it should also affect lots of other objects as well, not just the train tracks. Are you sure it's the only thing that's missing ?

phenocom

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 03:36:45 pm »
I have attached a screenshot of KDFW in top down mode. You can see all the buildings that are missing.
Terminal D (inside)
I have set all FSX activity to Zero including all AI from My Traffic 2010. What you see is the scenery only. I have also disabled MegasceneryX Dallas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 07:39:18 pm »
Sorry, but that simply can't happen.

It's either all the buildings missing (if, for example, the Addon Manager or the Couatl program weren't running) or it's all buildings displayed. And, those objects can't even be affected by other sceneries, since they are not .BGL so, another scenery can't exclude them.

The only possible explanation left, is that some files were corrupted on your installation: have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the scenery ?

phenocom

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 01:01:08 am »
I have tried uninstalling, then restarting my computer, then redownloading the program from the website and installing the program and I still get the same result!!! I have all your other airports and they work fine. I just cant understand why this is happening? Each time I uninstall I answer yes to both questions that come up for couati and add on mgr.

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 04:25:28 am »
When I first installed the scenery I actually had the exact same problem with some buildings missing and some working fine. I tried everything I could to fix it, but in the end, I had to uninstall and reinstall everything in fsx :(

striker_jm

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 02:53:43 pm »
I have the same problem. When I initially downloaded the program, it ran fine. Then I installed FSPassenger and then the addons option in fsx disappeared. I had to un install everything that ran through the addon menu reinstall FSPassenger then install the FSDT products and plus the others that ran through the addon menu (LDS PMDG, etc)
Ever since, the KDFW hasn't been working properly, I have about 4 terminals missing plus other buildings around the field. I have tried pretty much everything already mentioned above, without succes. Whats puzzling me though is that all the other products I have from FSDT/Cloud9 works. (KMCO,KFLL,KJFK,KORD)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 03:03:11 pm »
I have the same problem. When I initially downloaded the program, it ran fine. Then I installed FSPassenger and then the addons option in fsx disappeared.

If the whole addons menu disappeared after installing FSPassengers, it can only mean its installer corrupted your DLL.XML file because, if it's corrupted, FSX would just skip it and not load any modules in the Addons menu.

But, if you install any FSDT scenery afterwards, the installer will check if you XML files are corrupted and, in that case, will offer you a chance to recreate a brand new one from scratch, which of course will only contain our own entries so, you'll have to reinstall all products that needed a module.

striker_jm

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:36:37 pm »
I did. after reinstalling FS Passenger, I then installed KFLL, and KORD became active as well as KDFW but with the missing buildings. Since KJFK wasn't active I figured I would have to install each product, because there might be some files that weren't yet installed. So I did, I installed KJFK, and KDFW. JFK works fine, but the same issue came back with DFW. I tried this multiple times without success

laxclipper

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 03:00:57 am »
I just want to know? If that 737 is a model from like Traffic X? The quality looks really bad...

I mean nothing bad, I just couldn't help to notice..

Edgar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 11:18:07 am »
JFK works fine, but the same issue came back with DFW. I tried this multiple times without success

If JFK works, it means all the software works, both the Addon Manager and the Couatl program, otherwise you wouldn't see anything at JFK or any other FSDT scenery. So, the software runs correctly.

Do you see Dallas in the list of FSDT available sceneries ? If not, this would indicate your Addon Manager is working, but is not the current version that "knows" about KDFW. But if this was the case, you wouldn't see ANY KDFW buildings, not just some of them.

Are you using the current KDFW version, the 2.0 which was recently released ?