Author Topic: A hole in between gates B23 and B24 + No taxi lights on that side of KDFW  (Read 5827 times)

laxclipper

Hello,

As I was enjoying my taxi from Gate B20 today I saw a gap in between Gate B23 and Gate B24 plus all of the taxy lights around that area are missing till about the next Terminal. I have the lastest updates and all. The other side of the airport is fine this happen while i was on the other side for the first time taxing to Runway 36R.

Best regards

Edgar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We'll check it.

laxclipper

Hello,

I did some testing and I discovered that the taxi lights are not there due to the zoom level. so  that's not a problem I just need to remember to zoom in a bit. The Gap/ hole problem is there though and it is not causing any major problems but it does look a bit ugly specially when the rest of the airport is beautiful. I think that gap runs across the whole of the airport.

Thanks for the great support and keep up the great work

Sincerely

Edgar

truthknown

Yes, this gap does run across the entire airport and i now believe is the source of my crashes with the MADDOG. Every time i taxi over this gap, my plane bounces in the air slightly and i get a stall warning. Then a minute later, the plane's systems reset themselves. Everytime this happens I get an eventual FSX crash. I also see the effects of the gap when viewing a landing from the north on instant replay. The tires smoke right when it passes the gap as if they had just touched down again. I had reinstalled DFW, the maddog and fs2crew and I still have the same problems. Will try with different aircraft when i get a chance though.

The airport is still awesome!

Chris

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
I have the same thing, but I think it is because prior to the last update your planes landing lights wouldn't reflect on the ground in some areas around the north side of the airport. After Umberto raised the land so to speak, in that area, the landing lights of your aircraft now reflect on the ground at night, but we have the small speed bump.

I usually only fly the LDS767 into/out of KDFW and when I taxi over that spot slowly it just makes a small crash noise, but if I taxi over it quickly it will smoke the tires like I am landing.

Either way if it can't be fixed I can live with it. I just think of it being ground under repair, lol. However in the LDS 767 it hasn't caused any stall warnings to go off.

truthknown

Here are pictures that shows them pretty clearly. There are actually 2 of them i could find, making it seem that the middle of the airport is lower than the north and south.
The 1st was taken travelling north on K at the intersection of K5.
The 2nd was taken travelling south on F at the intersection of A.
The 3rd was taken while travelling east on A tracking the southern hole.

My FSX then crashed on me while i was continuing down A over the bridges! I was in the default cessna, not the MADDOG this time. Seems like it might be a D3D problem. Here is the xml file that was produced with the crash:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?>
- <WERReportMetadata>
- <OSVersionInformation>
  <WindowsNTVersion>6.1</WindowsNTVersion>
  <Build>7600</Build>
  <Product>(0x1): Windows 7 Ultimate</Product>
  <Edition>Ultimate</Edition>
  <BuildString>7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621</BuildString>
  <Revision>1</Revision>
  <Flavor>Multiprocessor Free</Flavor>
  <Architecture>X64</Architecture>
  <LCID>1033</LCID>
  </OSVersionInformation>
- <ParentProcessInformation>
  <ParentProcessId>2700</ParentProcessId>
  <ParentProcessPath>C:\FPS Limiter\FPS_Limiter.exe</ParentProcessPath>
  <ParentProcessCmdLine>"C:\FPS Limiter\FPS_Limiter.exe" /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF D:\FSX\fsx.exe</ParentProcessCmdLine>
  </ParentProcessInformation>
- <ProblemSignatures>
  <EventType>APPCRASH</EventType>
  <Parameter0>fsx.exe</Parameter0>
  <Parameter1>10.0.61472.0</Parameter1>
  <Parameter2>475e17d3</Parameter2>
  <Parameter3>nvd3dum.dll</Parameter3>
  <Parameter4>8.17.12.5932</Parameter4>
  <Parameter5>4c5c16e4</Parameter5>
  <Parameter6>c0000005</Parameter6>
  <Parameter7>002aabc0</Parameter7>
  </ProblemSignatures>
- <DynamicSignatures>
  <Parameter1>6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1</Parameter1>
  <Parameter2>1033</Parameter2>
  <Parameter22>0a9e</Parameter22>
  <Parameter23>0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789</Parameter23>
  <Parameter24>0a9e</Parameter24>
  <Parameter25>0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789</Parameter25>
  </DynamicSignatures>
- <SystemInformation>
  <MID>96E38A17-2256-4D19-B26F-511EE6F161EB</MID>
  <SystemManufacturer>Dell Inc.</SystemManufacturer>
  <SystemProductName>XPS 730</SystemProductName>
  <BIOSVersion>1.0.6</BIOSVersion>
  </SystemInformation>
  </WERReportMetadata>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
My FSX then crashed on me while i was continuing down A over the bridges! I was in the default cessna, not the MADDOG this time. Seems like it might be a D3D problem. Here is the xml file that was produced with the crash:

Your log indicates it's your video driver that has crashed. Have you tried running FSX normally, and not with the fps limiter ?