Author Topic: Taxiway bridges  (Read 5786 times)

davidal

Taxiway bridges
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:10:02 am »
Hi,
Aircraft crashes when going over the taxiway bridges. No third-part addons installed, just KDFW. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Daniel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Taxiway bridges
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:37:33 am »
With crash, do you mean it's going down through the bridge ? This was fixed in one of the updates, please be sure you are using the current version.

Does it happen at all taxiway bridges ? Which airplane are you using ?

davidal

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 12:13:41 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply.
For the testing I am using the default Cessna, but it happens to me with any aircraft.
Aircraft is not falling down, just crashes as it was hitting a wall and flight ends.
Jusy downloaded and installed KDFW yesterday. I am running  1.0.5 version.
I am attaching a screenshot for your information. When approaching the bridge there are some peaks emerging from the ground.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 07:40:59 pm »
When approaching the bridge there are some peaks emerging from the ground.

You should have said that earlier: they are the reason of the crash, not the taxiway bridges! Set the Mesh Resolution at 10m/pixels, as suggested in the manual.

davidal

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »
Done.
I reduced the mesh resolution from 1 m/pixels to 10 m/pixels and peaks are gone.
I assumed that any value better than 10 m/pixels as said in the manual was fine, but apparently that's not the case.
Anyhow I can live with a reduced mesh resolution, as long as I can finally cross the bridges.
Thank you very much your support. You really take care of your clients.
Rgds,
Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 01:39:28 am »
I assumed that any value better than 10 m/pixels as said in the manual was fine, but apparently that's not the case.

It shouldn't, especially considering you said you don't have any other addons installed, since no default FSX mesh for the USA has higher resolution than 38m/pixel anyway. Apparently, the maximum value introduces some errors.

Anyhow I can live with a reduced mesh resolution, as long as I can finally cross the bridges.

You really haven't reduced anything, because no mesh comes with such high res, surely not the default one. And even the higher res 3rd party meshes found on the market, are at 9.5 m/pixel maximum so, 10m it's more than enough.